Wednesday, January 03, 2007

TV Drama Review #53 - A Game About Love 剪刀石头布

Episodes: 27
Yr of telecast/TV Stn: 2006/CTS
Main cast:
Sam Wang ~ Wei Qi Xiang
Joe Chen ~ Ye Duo Li
Zhang Xun Jie~ Chen Ke Luo
Xia Yu Qiao~ Ye Duo Xin
Lin Li Fei ~ Yang Jia Shan
Ah Dan ~ Doff
Summary: (from CTS Web)
「剪刀、石頭、布」恰恰分別代表著三人的個性:銳利、固執與包容,也是他們用來決定愛情的機率遊戲。他們撇開年齡、性別的隔閡,放肆暢懷於一段可愛動人的三角戀情之中,兩個拜把兄弟陳克洛(張勛傑飾)和韋祺祥(王紹偉飾),同時愛上一個平凡卻善良的女孩-葉朵麗(陳喬恩飾),卻為了彼此的情誼,雙雙甘願犧牲自己的愛情,成全對方。最後,他們用猜拳的方式,讓機率決定彼此的愛情命運。
Comments: I was rather disappointed with this drama halfway through. The storyline was draggy and predictable. The cast was mature, due to age factor ba and u wont get too exaggerating acting from them. Well, storyline was rather "sian" too. It's not a funny or sweet drama, rather a sad and foolish one. Honestly I think chemistry is lacking between the actors, I dont feel too much emotions from them. Was anticipating Joe & Sam this couple, butta their character just cant create sparks. Really boring la. This "sacrificing for pal" thing is boring....and I dun like what Duo Li was doing also. Xia Yu Qiao's acting was abit "tai", may be becoz' of her character. I liked her better as the drama comes to an end.
Acting wise, I think Sam has improved, butta he could have done more, or perhaps the storyline limited his character development. Joe looked mature with her long hair, and it was a nice try for her to dance flamingo. Zhang Xun Jie is ok lah, havent seen his other works before. I didnt like his character Ke Luo too.
Ending epi actually only lasted for 30mins, the rest was NGs and behind the scenes.
Ratings: 6/10 (I think sad characters arent suitable for Joe leh, i still prefer her acting crazy or happy characters.)