How long? 16 episWhen & which tv stn? 2008/MBC
Who's in?
Choi Jin Shil ~ Hong Sun Hee
Jung Joon Ho ~ Jang Dong Chul/Song Jae Bin
Jung Woong In ~ Jang Dong Hwa
Byun Jung Soo ~ Lee Na Yoon
What's it abt? (edited from Dramawiki)
Hong Sun Hee is a strong, happy-go-lucky housewife who accidentally meets her first love, Jang Dong Chul, again. But now, he's Song Jae Bin, a famous actor. Dong Chul didn't recognise Sun Hee initially as Sun Hee's image is very "auntie" now, with super curly hair, and speaks roughly, which is totally different from the 19 yrs old high sch girl he knew.
Sun Hee is already married to a man who always lands their family in debts, later he decided to divorce Sun Hee and left with another woman. Sun Hee later became the housekeeper for the Jang family, and she's once again closer to both Dong Chul and Dong Hwa.
On the other hand, Dong Chul's ex Lee Na Yoon returned from abroad, and both the Jang brothers are unhappy to see her. She holds the secret abt who's Hoon (Dong Hwa's son) real father...
Love & Hates:
Plot-The storyline is actually rather typical, kinda fairy-tale liked (u can see from the 1st scene la..) However, what makes this drama so addictive is the cast. I think most of you wld know what wld happen as the drama progresses, but the plot makes me excited, esp. scenes b/w Dong Chul & Sun Hee. They are really a hot pair. I like how the drama handles the funny, heartbreaking, happy & touching scenes. The pace is nice too, no draggy stuffs here. I gotta mention the scenes b/w the 2 brothers...i hardly find dramas talking alot on brotherhood...(it's not abt rivalry, but the sacrifice they made without letting the other party know.) Initially, this drama shld have an extension of 4 epis, but they called it off..so it seemed abit rush towards the ending...kinda spoilt the pace somehow, but it's ok. I like how they handled the ending..so touching!
Cast-alright...generally the average age of the cast is older than the others, but that's not a prob at all. Instead, we get solid performances from them. Choi Jin Shil's comeback drama...she has sacrificed her pretty image again for an auntie image...I didn't like her curly hair, but that's ok. Her chemistry with Jung Joon Ho was superb. I really loved all their scenes man! Her acting is natural...and expressive. She's like a big child when she plays with the rest, cried her heart out when she knew abt her husband's affair, hesitated when she gotta go for a date & leaving Dong Chul alone. I hope that she wld find a glamourous role next time, enough of auntie roles liao.
Jung Joon Ho! Watched him in "Princess Lulu"...ok la..but not impressive enough. He's so much better here...a 39 yrs old big kid! He definitely looked so much better & younger here...haha! (superstar mah...) Oh my....he's the new auntie killer now. He's really gd in portraying the cheeky Dong Chul...and how he decided to face the media, telling them his real name & age, and the person he has always loved. (Great charisma!)
Jung Woong In, I really gotta say..i am totally impressed with him...he's such a gd guy here. I had watched him in "Outrageous women"...and i really can't take it...his role was really kns. But here, he's such a caring bro...I am glad i finally can get a better image of him, though i still missed his crazy acting in "O.W". Hahaha! Byun Jung Soo was previously in "What's up fox" & "Bad Couple". Nice performance from her, though I didn't like her character...
Gotta mention the two teens acting as Sun Hee's daughter & Dong Hwa's son...(shall not spill spoilers here...) Haha. They were nt bad...
OST-hmm...how i wish they have nicer songs for the drama...didn't find any catchy songs here though.
Worth watching?
Must-watch! That's all i gotta say....it's really a nice kdrama!