How long? 16 episWhen & which tv stn? 2008/KBS
Who's in?
Chae Rim ~ Cha Young Jin
Lee Jin Wook ~ Kang Soo Ho
Lee Jong Hyuk ~ Yoo Gwang Pil
Kim Yoo Jung ~ Yoo Koot Nim
Cameo:
Ryu Jin & Han Go Eun - epi 16
What's it abt?
Cha Young Jin is the first female to ever work as a bodyguard in the Presidential residence, Chungwadae. Young Jin has not been in good terms with her partner Yoo Gwang Pil. After their "graduation" from the training school, they were assigned to watch over the president's son, Kang Soo Ho, who's always in some kind of trouble. Later, Young Jin realised that both guys actually know each other for a long time, and the big secret behind the long scars on their back.
Love & Hates:
Plot-It's a refreshing storyline, after a long domination of epic and family dramas in Korea. Basically, the plot first focused on how Young Jin got trained and how she coped with her job, and then the storyline focused more on the secret b/w Gwang Pil and Soo Ho. Of coz, we get to see other stuffs, like Young Jin & her family problems, the funny moments b/w Soo Ho & Young Jin, and how Young Jin & Gwang Pil understood and treasured each other as their partners. The romance factor is here & there, we weren't given a clear ans as in who Young Jin really liked. So it's a long 16 epi guessing game...and sadly, the ending is an opened one. Well, I have always been a YJ-GP shipper, just loved them so much. It has been quite sometime since i last got addicted to a kdrama..hehe! Well, the writers did a gd job in holding the suspense of the secret from the start to the end of the drama. It's not easy as they tried to give out more & more hints slowly as the drama comes to an end. It may be kinda confusing as we wld start guessing what really happened, but that's also one of the reason which kept me glued to the drama.
The only not logical part is why Young Jin didn't realise that she has dropped her pass for so long? I mean those identifications are impt, and she didnt seem to know it until Soo Ho returned to her...aiyo~ abit unrealistic.
Cast-I love Chae Rim. This drama isn't her best in terms of ratings, but I am glad that she's back with a youthful and cute role. She has toned down her voice in the drama la, and toughen her image. I really love her chemistry with Lee Jong Hyuk! Always praying that they wld get together (but it didnt happen...sobbzz). Chae Rim didn't disappoint me in acting, i really enjoyed her performance throughout.
Saying abt the male lead, many wld be rather confused. Who shld be the one? Logically, it shld be Lee Jin Wook, but Lee Jong Hyuk stole his limelight throughout the show. Lee Jong Hyuk's character is rather impt in the drama, and I think overall he had more scenes than Lee Jin Wook. Also, he had more scenes with Chae Rim. Well, Lee Jin Wook finally worked his way up la. I had seen him in a few dramas, think he had improved, but then, I think he need to try something different. I didn't really like his character Soo Ho initially, really irritating. But as he changed to be a better man later, I think LJW did a gd job in the image and personality transition.
Lee Jong Hyuk...my impression of him was stuck to his evil character in "Green Rose". Didn't quite use to his role in "Poweful" initially. However, I began to like him as the show went on. He's really rigid and boring to an extent initially, but thanks to Young Jin, Gwang Pil slowly opened up...LJH's performance was really good. I like his interaction with his child Koot Nim too, there's lots of touching scenes b/w them.
The other supporting cast did a gd job too, esp Young Jin's family. I didn't like Soo Ho's sister since she's the "baddie" in the show.
OST-Lovely themesong!! I like "Keep in Your Heart" so much. Plus, the ost has other nice insert songs like "Come On B.B" by As One, and "To the sky". The ost instrumentals reminded me of other KBS dramas like "Dal Ja Spring" & "Snow White". Great!
Worth watching?
Ah Ching highly recommend to you guys! Hehehe...Ah! I didn't spill any spoilers abt the secret...so do check it out.