Thursday, April 09, 2009

Shinjuku Incident 新宿事件

--Macro Shots--
Took some macro shots while waiting for my parents to leave the house. U must be thinking Ah Ching must be bo liao right? Hahaha! Anyway, I am not good at taking macro shots la, plus i'm just using my Fuji F100d...so the effect was not too good. Nevertheless, I liked the pics I took today...hehe!
Little red flower~
White Orchirds~
Spiky catus.
--Bugis--
Had our lunch at Bugis's Food Juction. U must be wondering why we chose to go Bugis to catch a movie since the location wasn't that convenient. It's because I didn't want to step into Lido Hall 7 again. Yeah...the "3rd world cinema". Hahaha!
Yes! It's seafood spaghetti again! I loved the spicy tomato sauce. But I think the pasta stall @ Hougang Plaza is still better la.
--Shinjuku Incident--
Well, this was probably my first time watching movie at Bugis? Shaw seriously needs to upgrade its cinemas la. Looked kinda rundown leh! So, I guessed I shouldn't miss this movie since it's something new from Jackie Chan right? Hahaha! I was quite impressed with it actually! The movie was not the typical heroic movie where we saw Jackie doing justice with his kungfu etc. "Shinjuku Incident" gave us an insight of how the lives were for Chinese illegal immigrants in the 90s. Of course, it showed us another truth about Chinese...we are not a united race. Personally, I agree with that view, but that doesn't mean that ONLY Chinese are like that. U get to see the yakuzas who killed each other to fight for territories or for their own interest. So, everybody did that to survive in that environment.
There were many languages used in the movie, I thought it was quite interesting. You get to listen to mandarin, japanese, cantonese & hokkien on and off. The Japanese actors tried to speak mandarin, and I thought Takenaka did a good job. The Chinese actresses also spoke japanese in the movie too, and Fan Bing Bing's japanese was more fluent than Xu Jing Lei.
Jackie Chan is not an actor who's well-known for his emotional acting etc. I thought his performance was not bad, and there were scenes where he cried as the situation lost control. He didn't use his famous kungfu this time round. Instead, he just tried to act like those who didn't know any martial arts.
As for Daniel Wu, his character Ah Jie was cool, but I gotta adjust myself listening to his ABC accented mandarin. Didn't seem to be convincing as someone who's from China. Hahaha! Ah Jie suddenly changed to a "bad guy" after he was disfigured and lost his hand. It might seemed to be too sudden, but I thought his change was just to disguise his cowardice.
The support cast was made up of many familiar faces, such as Chin Kar Lok who acted as the "Hong Kong Zai", Takenaka Naoto (who's a regular in doramas) who acted as the policeman, Kato Masaya who acted as Eguchi, Gao Jie who acted as the head of Tainan Gang, and a bunch of HK actors who appeared frequently in HK triad movies in the 90s.
I think I don't have to tell u the ending. Do give it a try if u have time.
--Coffee Club @ Central--
Oh! Time to eat again! Hahaha! Well, have to use the voucher since Mr Chean was free mah.
View of Singapore River.
View of Singapore River 2, the boats cruising along the river were new ones ne~
Soup of the day-potato soup with leak.
My Salmon Coulibiac. Delicious~
Aunt Jo's Fish & Chips!
My Mocha Tropicana. First time drinking mocha with fruity taste.
Aunt Jo's Ice Rambutan. The cookie came with Mr Chean's coffee.
E.W's Ice Berry Tea.
Mr Chean's Club Julius! Wow!
Watching people playing the "G-Max Reverse Bungy". It seemed kinda scary as the seat kept rotating 360 degrees...haha! But well, I think it's not as scary as Bungee Jump la.
--Novels--
Yeah! Finally bought the novels!!! It's always a happy thing to buy books I like, since I don't buy them often. Thanks to the Kino vouchers....hehe! Bought the original version of "Benjamin Button" plus other stories, and I actually wanna get another novel called "The Book With No Name". But well, "The Last Concubine" got an interesting storyline too...u know Ah Ching likes to read novels with ancient Japanese eras as background. Hehe!