No.of Epis: 9Year/TV Station: 2009/TV Asahi
Cast:
Fujiki Naohito ~ Sayama Michio
Kimura Yoshino ~ Edamura Sachiko
Natsukawa Yui ~ Fukuchi Fujiko
Synopsis: (edited from Dramawiki)
Sayama Michio is a young and callous beautician who will stop at nothing to fulfill his ambition. Coming from an impoverished background, he suddenly becomes the darling of the beauty world. He holds women who desire beauty captive and puts on several different faces when dealing with Murase Minako, the female owner of the place that he works at; Hatano Masako, a woman of leisure; Edamura Sachiko, an editor of a female magazine; and Fukuchi Fujiko, an editor of a weekly magazine to come out tops. He also gets involved with two detectives who are investigating him for a prior incident.
Slacker's review:
"Yako no Kaidan" is a novel by famous detective series author, Matsumoto Seicho. This drama was a little hard to digest, and the way the drama was filmed was different from the standard norm of detective/thriller dramas. There's a narration guiding us throughout the drama. Hahaha~! Actually, the plot was quite simple, as the drama told u that Michio had committed a crime right from the start. We got to see Michio dealing with various women, and his motives were quite clear la. But, I pitied those women lo, coz' they lost their lives for this man. U might find the drama kinda crappy somehow, but surprisingly, I was quite curious what wld happened to Michio in the end. Hehe! Ending was alright, though they did not show the exact fate of Michio. At least, he finally admitted his crimes & repented.
Finally, Fujiki got to lead two dramas this season, but the other drama was not interesting to me. It's kinda cheesy to watch Fujiki saying "I kill You" to the women. (Well that phrase had another meaning...) I thought Fujiki's acting was average, as his expressions were kinda stiff. (Honestly, Fujiki is not a very expressive actor la, but handsome actors are hard to come by~lolz!) Michio was a character who depended on women to achieve his ambition. I didn't like him as a guy la. He's really like xiao bai nian. Lolz! Well, I was a little surprise as he really loved Fujiko, butta, he could not save her in the end. That's saddening ne~
The interesting part was the actresses. It has been a long time since I last saw Kimura. I liked her acting, and of course, there's more developments to Sachiko la. From purely in love with Michio, to sacrificing her life for him. Sachiko seemed to change quite alot...and eventually, she was killed by Michio. All I cld say is..."Love is blind".
Nv seen Natsukawa's previous works before. Fujiko was quite a mysterious character from epi 1. I always wondered her motives. Initially, I thought she liked Sachiko..lolz! But I am sure they're not lesbians. So, she has been following Michio for so long. That's the surprising part. Anyway, I liked Natsukawa's performance here. Like Sachiko, Fujiko decided to protect Michio till the end, and I wondered why they were so silly to do that. Haiz~~(Love is blind mah!)
The other support cast was great, especially the older actresses who were filrting with Michio. Lolz~
Theme song is "Crime of Love" by Fujiki Naohito.