No.of Epis: 15Year/TV Station: 2009/Ch 7
Cast:
Pong Nawat Kulratanarak ~ Tudtiya
Tangmo Pattaratida Pacharawirapong ~ Dum
Pang Ornjira Lamvilai ~ Dao
Oh Anuchyd ~ Tongrop
Synopsis: (translated & edited from baidu taijuba)
Tudtiya is a wealthy young man who has just returned from England, while Dum is only a village girl. When they are young, their fathers have betrothed their only child to each other. As Dum is reluctant to marry Tudthiya, she darkens herself & wears an ugly wig to scare Tudtiya.
Tudtiya gets into an accident and loses his memory temporary. Dum saves him but decides to play a prank on him by lying to Tudtiya that he's only a worker in her farm. Thus, Tudtiya has to work in the farm and gets bullied by Dum. However, Tudtiya always manages to get people to help him out and makes Dum angry.
When Tudtiya finally regains his memory, he swears for revenge and announces to everyone that he is marrying Dum. Due to pressure, Dum reluctantly marries Tudtiya. The couple's life is still disastrous, but they also fall in love with each other at the same time.
Tudtiya meets Dao at a fashion show and they click well with each other. After Tudtiya went missing, Dao decides to look for him and finds her way to Dum's farm. Dao happens to know Tongrop, who's a good friend of Dum and sparks come off between them soon afterwards.
Slacker's review:
This is my 3rd Thai lakorn, starring Pong, my fav Thai actor. Haha! "Dum Kum" is a pure romance-comedy, and I would enjoy it more if there was full subtitles. Unfortunately, less than 1/3 of the drama was subbed. Though I knew what's going on in the drama, I did not understand the conversations, which is a pity. Anyway, the plot was rather interesting, though it could be lame at certain parts. The drama also featured Katoey (ladyboy) characters, but they were not the slim & pretty ones. Lolz! The storyline took place at the countryside most of the time, which was something different compared to other Bangkok-based dramas. I did not like the ending, rushed and kinda lame. Hahaha.
I liked Pong doing a comedy role. He's great & he could be very funny & exaggerating. I loved his cheeky or up-to-no-good expressions. Haha! Tudtiya was still a rich guy, so it's a very easy character for Pong, coz' lots of his roles were like this. However, due to the comedy factor, Tudtiya was not as selfish, cold or aggressive as compared to other Pong's roles. It has been sometime since Pong last coupled with a non-Exact actress, and I thought his chemistry with Tangmo was not bad. I enjoyed their scenes together, and I laughed out loud when Dum "bullied" our poor Tudtiya after they got married. There were so much fun watching the couple bickering day & night.
Tangmo is not one of the top actresses of Ch7, and this is my first time watching her act. Tangmo's acting was not too bad, but she tend to exaggerate when Dum darkened herself. To be honest, Tangmo looked ugly with that "black girl" look & kampong-styled fashion. (The contradicting thing was Dum looked prettier & smart in blouse & pants when she worked in her farm!) Luckily, she did not get to darken herself too often la. Tangmo's emotional scenes were not too bad too, but there were too many misunderstandings b/w Dum & Tudtiya, which was irritating.
Pang's character Dao was irritating from first epi. I didn't like Dao, and I could not be bothered with her scenes, until Dao & Tongrop started to feel for each other. (partly the reason was because there's no subs for me to watch patiently for other side plots..lolz!) Anyway, I noticed that Pong & Pang had worked in a few dramas for several times, but there's only one drama when Pang & Pong were acting as a couple.
Other cast was alright. Gotta mention that the two fathers in the drama was so funny & cute. Thanks to them, Dum & Tudtiya could get together finally.