No.of Epis: 20Year/TV Stn: 2010/MBC
Cast:
Gong Hyo Jin ~ Seo Yoo Kyung
Lee Sun Gyun ~ Choi Hyun Wook
Lee Ha Nui ~ Oh Sae Young
Alex ~ Kim San
Synopsis: (edited from Dramawiki)
Seo Yoo Kyung started her career as a kitchen assistant at La Sfera restaurant. She happens to meet a guy who helped her with her goldfishes when she is crossing the road. The guy turns out to be the new chief chef of La Sfera! Choi Hyun Wook studied the culinary arts in Italy and started out as a chef assistant at a hotel in Sicily. Hyun Wook eventually worked his way up to become the most widely recognized Italian chef in Korea. Yoo Kyung's dreams of holding the frying pan is dashed when Hyun Wook says that there's no woman in his kitchen.
Oh Sae Young is a popular hostess for a cooking programme & the author of a best-selling cook book. She is Hyun Wook's ex girlfriend when they were studying in Italy. In order to graduate as a Valedictorian, Sae Young sabotaged Hyun Wook in their final exam. After gaining all the fame & wealth, Sae Young decides to accomplish one last thing...and enters La Sfera as another chief chef, with the help of her good friend Kim San.
Kim San is a regular customer of La Sfera, and he likes to fool around with Yoo Kyung. Unknown to Yoo Kyung, he's the "cactus guy" who supported & encouraged her throughout her 3 yrs stay in the restaurant.
Slacker's review:
"Pasta" has definitely make it to my must-watch dramas list for my final entry of the yr. The storyline is simple but refreshing. Interactions & dialogues b/w the characters were simply great. I just could not wait for the next episode to come asap! Haha! (That shows how I loved this drama...) For ppl who likes to see very dramatic developments in the storyline, "Pasta" may disappoint them in this aspect, because the developments seemed to be a little plain. Well, the storyline is actually character-driven la. The first part of the drama showed how Yoo Kyung struggled to stay in Hyun Wook's kitchen, and the guy was definitely impressed by her persistence. Haha! So, this led to the 2nd part of the drama, which was the romance b/w the 2! The romance plot was exciting in its own way, and I could not help smiling when I saw the couple bickering & supporting each other. Hehe!
Gong Hyo Jin....is a very gd actress. I was very impressed with her role in "Thank You", and the lady delivers again in "Pasta". Seriously, I nv know that Ms Gong cld looked so cute when she was acting shy etc. I loved her smile~! It has been a long time since I last seen an on-screen couple with superb chemistry. Lee Sun Gyun & Ms Gong just rocks!
Mr Lee surprised me a little more, because I nv expected his character to be so entertaining. To be honest, I was nv interested in LSG's roles, not even in "Coffee Prince". Well, "Pasta" is the turning-point. Hyun Wook was really one "da nan ren" in his kitchen, and I cld nt stand him shouting at the top of his lungs...and that happened practically in all kitchen scenes! Well, thanks to the challenger "goldfish" (Yoo Kyung's nickname), chef had a 180 degrees changed in personality and most imptly, the guy was in love. Lolz~ The couple scenes were really sweet most of the time, and it's still sweet when they bickered. There were also many funny scenes la, like how Hyun Wook handled Yoo Kyung's dad.
Honey Lee's debut perf in "Partner" was not bad, but she did not performed too well here. I guessed the character was not interesting enough. Sae Young was not exactly a bad woman, but she wld sacrificed something for another thing. Hyun Wook was the unfortunate "something", and that's why the 2 cld never become a couple again. I thought Sae Young did achieved something in the end, and that's to get Hyun Wook to recognise her cooking abilities.
Alex is better known for his singing, as one of the main vocals of "Clazziquai". (one of my fav Kpop group) His perf was not too bad, though a little expressionless at times. What's the prob then? His character San. This guy was really slow....he shld have let his feelings known instead of playing mysterious in front of Yoo Kyung. When he started to react, chief chef already gotten the girl. Haiz~
The drama got quite a few OSTs, and the songs were not too bad. At least, they left me quite a deep impression. Hehe!
p.s: Started to miss hearing Yoo Kyung calling her beau "Chef~~~~"....keke!