No.of Epis: 10Year/TV Stn: 2010/TBS
Cast:
Kamenashi Kazuya ~ Takano Kyohei
Tegoshi Yuya ~ Toyama Yukinojo
Oomasa Aya ~ Nakahara Sunako
Uchi Hiroki ~ Oda Takenaga
Miyao Shuntaro ~ Morii Ranmaru
Kato Seishiro ~ Nakahara Takeru
Synopsis: (edited from Dramawiki)
Blessed with good looks, Takano Kyohei, a college student, is always suffering from the unreasonable behaviour of customers who want him and the sexual harassment of his store manager. Because of his hot temper, he loses his head on this occasion and is fired from his part-time job. One day, the glamorous owner, Ms Nakahara proposes, “I’ll give you free board-and-lodging if you can turn my niece, Sunako, into a lady!” Kyohei, together with Toyama Yukinojo, Oda Takenaga and Morii Ranmaru, live in the same boarding house. The four guys are enthusiastic, but the person who appears before them is a spooky girl whose hair covers her face and who loves horror,vampires & skeletons. And so, their tumultuous communal life begins...
Slacker's review:
I'm amazed with myself. I actually finished watching this drama. Haha! "Yamato" is the usual manga-turned-live action starring the Johnny's guys...and the storyline was actually not that interesting. I would not say I like it, but it's still watchable. I guessed I was waiting for Kyohei to confess his liking for Sunako la, so I continued watching. Lolz~
I have not seen Oomasa's previous works, but her portrayal of Sunako was great. Sunako was really eccentric, probably the weirdest character I have ever seen. Oomasa's chemistry with Kame is alright though. I thought the guys had better chemistry...hahaha!
I have never been impressed by Kame's acting. I guessed he's still stuck with his idol image la. However, I thought his performance in "Yamato" was not too bad. Maybe his character had more development and Kame was given chances to showcase his emotional scenes.
The other guys were alright, and each of them had their side stories in the drama, so you would not be too bored. Hahaha!
Theme song is "Love yourself ~Kimi ga Kirai na Kimi ga Suki~ " by KAT-TUN. The song is not the usual KAT-TUN rock songs, it's more of a dance track. Not too bad~