No.of Epis: 16Year/TV Stn: 2010/SBS
Cast:
Kim So Yeon ~ Kim Yeon Woo
Uhm Tae Woong ~ Lee Do Wook
Jung Gyu Woon ~ Park Ji Heon
Cha Ye Ryun ~ Kang Hee Young
Synopsis: (edited from Dramawiki)
Kim Yeon Woo is an orthopedic doctor who takes up a new post at Taereung National Village, the training center for national Olympic athletes, after she is fired from her previous job. She becomes romantically involved with Park Ji Heon, a young judo athlete, and Lee Do Wook, the short-tempered, crippled director of the facility who is still haunted by the injury that had cut short his speed-skating career. This is further complicated by the presence of the swimming coach, Hee Young, who becomes her rival for the attentions of Do Wook. Oh! I loved the last 2 episodes!!! Simply sweet for Woo-Heon couple!!
Slacker's review:
I did not have high expectations of Dr.Champ, as sports theme is generally not so interesting. However, I got addicted to it! Maybe it's because I am too eager to watch Ji Heon and Yeon Woo. Haha! There is a good mixture of sports and romance storyline. The other side plot is between Ji Heon and Sang Bong, who are best friends and rivals at the same time. Do Wook and Hee Young's storyline is kinda boring to me. I thought it may be more interesting if Do Wook showed more interest for Yeon Woo. Ha!
Nice to see Kim So Yeon again. Her character & image in Dr. Champ were very different from her previous drama "Prosecutor Princess". I think Yeon Woo suited her more. Anyway, the actress performed well and I liked her sizzling chemistry with Jung Gyu Woon!! Just cld nt get enough of time. Scenes with Uhm Tae Woong were great as well, and I liked how Yeon Woo decided to stick to her belief and worked against Do Wook. At least the young doctor did not lose her mind and commit a big mistake. I think Do Wook also learnt from her as well.
Jung Gyu Woon has this big boy image, and so is his character. One might find Ji Heon childish and kinda irritating at times, but I liked how he persisted with his beliefs and worked hard for Yeon Woo's love. You just can't dislike this big boy. Jung's acting got better after Sang Bong was injured. Basically, it was too painful for Ji Heon to continue his Judo career, as he cld not forgive himself. Jung controlled his emotional scenes well, and somehow u cld feel the big boy grew up. Luckily, he got back his fighting spirit and did not disappoint us!
Uhm Tae Woong's character was rather fresh to me. A crippled ex-athlete who got back on his feet and found a new direction in life. One might pity Do Wook as his love for Hee Young has never changed all this time. I liked Uhm's acting, and Do Wook was a far more complex person...if you want to compare with ppl like Ji Heon. Hahaha!
Cha Ye Ryun is perhaps the weakest link in the drama. Her acting was quite emotionless and her expressions were stiff too. I had seen 2 of her older dramas and she cld do way better than this.
Some nice tracks from the OST include "Perfect Your Love" by M to M, "Fall in love with you" by Bobby Kim and "My All" by Bae Da Hae.