Sunday, July 17, 2011

CC Gang Gathering: KTM Railway Track + Harry Potter 3D

--KTM Railway Tracks @ Bukit Timah--
Woke up early for today's activity. Well, we bid goodbye to the Malaysian trains and today is the last opening day for the public to access the tracks from Tanjong Pagar to Woodlands. From tmr onwards, only the stretch from Rail Mall to Rifle Range Rd wld be opened till 31st July.
Initial plan was to trek from Rail Mall to Holland Rd, but in the end, we only covered the tracks till Rifle Range Rd. I bet this stretch is the most popular as it's easily accessible by public transport or by car, and there are 2 overhead railway bridges. One is at Rail mall, while the other is beside King Albert Park.
The 1st overhead railway bridge opp Rail Mall. Lots of ppl!
On the bridge.

Heading towards Rifle Range Rd direction. It's about 3km.


I am glad that I managed to snap dragonflies as we walked along the railway tracks! There are so many of them in different colours. I am thankful that they did not fly away as we busily snapped pics. Do enlarge the photos for the best view. It's not easy to take macro shots of insects, but after my Silk Rd trip, I think my interest to snap them has increased.

"Blue" dragonfly!
This dragonfly is half black half red :D (what a description!)
My best macro shot of the day. The pic is damn sharp! I can see the wings so clearly! (Gotta praise my little camera)
Another "red" dragonfly with transparent wings.
A clear side view of the "red" dragonfly.

Actually the crowd was near the bridge area. I believed many ppl drove, so they cld not walk too far. Great to snap the railway track with...nobody!

Don't know the name of this bird...but it's a gd shot.
Traffic light.


Finally, we reached the overhead railway bridge at Rifle Range Rd. My 4 years of travelling to SIM memories...haha!

--Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 @ GV Tiong Bahru--
Finally, Harry Potter has come to an end. I am never a H.P fan, but I'm glad that I had watched the final part of the series. My first 3D experience was alright...I think I won't spend 14 bucks for another movie anytime soon. (The effects are just not obvious...maybe cartoon effects are better?) Part 2 was definitely better than Part 1, but I nearly fell asleep at the front part of the movie. It's not the movie's fault. I am just kind of tired after my morning trek. Haha!
The showdown b/w HP and Lord Voldemort was interesting, but I thought we had misunderstood Snape all these while. The "19 yrs later" was a fan service? We had a good laugh when we saw the kiddos became mama and papas. Haha! It's pretty redundant to me...