Saturday, October 08, 2011

NParks Passport 1st Trip

--1st stop: Jurong Central Park--
Early in the morning, travelled to the "far west" for my 1st trip to "conquer" 14 parks in Singapore. Sounds ambitious huh?
I have never visited any parks in the west, so today's destinations are new to me. My mobile phone became my good buddy when I am at a unfamiliar place. Haha!
The day started with light drizzle. I found my way to the park and quickly walked to McDonald's.
Found the passport and got my 1st stamp.
Had a cup of Caramel Macchiato and the rain stopped!

McD @ JCP.
Like the eco-friendly concept of JCP's McD.
Jurong Central Park is the first in Singapore to have life-sized board-game features including life-sized Snakes and Ladders playground and Ludo Garden.
Ludo Garden



Snakes & Ladders playground.




 Jurong Central Park is also connected to Chinese & Japanese Gardens via Park Connectors.
--2nd Stop: West Coast Park--
I always got this perception that WCP is not as fun as the more famous East Coast Park (ECP). Well, the location and size are the deciding factors as to why it can't be ECP of the west. The park does not have a beach, as the sea is deeper here. The park is also smaller in size, plus there are no chalets here. Nonetheless, WCP is still a nice park to visit, and they have pedal go-kart. Looks fun~!
The promenade area, which is the only place to view the sea in WCP.

Parking berths for the yachts.
Our PSA port is also here...



I do not know what's the name of this flower and its fruit.
E.W mentioned the fruit produce a pungent smell. Luckily I did not smell anything unpleasant.













Red Hibiscus.
McD @ WCP.

The Adventure Play area has stuffs for all ages.






The lawn area, which is suitable for kite flying.
Pink Hibiscus.
Foot reflexology facility.

WCP has a small patch of swamp area called Marsh Garden.





I walked to another side of the promenade area.



Last but not least, my little parks passport!