Sunday, November 20, 2011

NParks Passport 5th Trip

--20th World Orchid Conference @ Sands Expo & Convention Centre--
Went to WOC yesterday with KH. It was a tiring trip, spent hours snapping pictures non-stop, suffered from shoulder and back ache. I snapped a total of 900+ photos and 200+ were no-good-takes. A little upset with my photography.
The exhibition was huge, and we got to see different countries displayed their orchids. It was an eye opener for orchid lovers like me.


































--Gardens by the Bay--
In conjunction with WOC, the Flower Dome is opened to the public for a week. WOC ticket holders get complimentary ticket to the garden. It's a short walk from MBS Convention Centre to Flower Dome. Visitors also get to visit Heritage Gardens & Dragonfly Lake on the way to Flower Dome. The garden is still not completed, but I cld see the Supertree Grove, with its hanging walkway. Super stunning!
The plants at Flower Dome are pretty interesting and I like the concept. You can't find similar parks in SG.










Loved the view of Marina Bay area in the evening.
I will be back to check out the garden when it opens next year!