Saturday, February 11, 2012

TV Drama Review #330 - A Thousand Kisses 千次的吻

No.of Eps: 50
Yr/TV Stn: 2011/MBC
Cast:
Seo Young Hee ~ Woo Joo Young
Ji Hyun Woo ~ Jang Woo Bin
Ryu Jin ~ Jang Woo Jin
Kim So Eun ~ Woo Joo Mi
Synopsis:
Joo Young and Joo Mi are two sisters. Joo Young happens to meet Woo Bin after an incident and he later learns that Joo Young's husband has cheated on her. Joo Young got a divorce and Woo Bin starts to come close to her. On the other hand, Joo Mi falls for Woo Jin, a cold-hearted resort CEO. Unknown to the sisters, Woo Jin and Woo Bin are cousins, and Joo Young only realises this during Joo Mi's wedding.
Joo Young and Woo Bin's relationship starts to face problems as their families are closely related, and Woo Jin's mother is actually the sisters' birth mother! Things got worse when Woo Bin's ex girlfriend wants to reconcile with him, and makes things difficult for Joo Young at work.
Why watch?
If you like Ryu Jin or Ji Hyun Woo, you would probably wanna support them by watching it. Ryu Jin's character and storyline was much better than Ji Hyun Woo though.
Seo Young Hee's performance was good, but towards the end of the drama, I hardly get to see her. Joo Young-Woo Bin pair has got one of the lousiest storyline I've ever seen. Sorry Ji Hyun Woo, but I really disliked Woo Bin. How can he accept that dumb ex-gf again?!
Kim So Eun pairs up with Ryu Jin and I liked this couple a lot. Even though Ms Kim is much younger than Ryu Jin, she did not look like a kiddo beside him. Kim So Eun's acting has improved a lot too.
Why skip?
The storyline is quite crappy. I felt like scolding the scriptwriter for making Woo Bin such a lousy guy. He had worked so hard to be with Joo Young. How can he accept someone he does not loved at all? He's really foolish! Haiz....I think too much time was spent between Woo Bin and his failed romance with his ex gf. I rather see Joo Young again.
Ji Hyun Woo received an acting award for this drama, but I thought Seo Young Hee deserved the award more. (Not sure if she's nominated though). I thought it's really a waste for JHW to act such a character.