Wednesday, March 14, 2012

TV Drama Review #335 - Take Care of Us, Captain 拜托了机长

No. of Eps: 20
Yr/TV Stn: 2012/SBS
Cast:
Koo Hye Sun ~ Han Da Jin
Ji Jin Hee ~ Kim Yoon Sung
Yoo Sun ~ Choi Ji Won
Lee Chun Hee ~ Kang Dong Soo
Synopsis:
Han Da Jin is an inspired pilot who graduated from a prestigious pilot school in Australia. However, she lost her parents one after another and looses her faith in flying. She becomes the co-pilot of Kim Yoon Sung, a successful pilot of Wings Air. The two could not work out their differencess and have troubles working together. Da Jin realises that Ji Won, the air crew manager, also flies in the same plane and refuses to work with her. Ji Won happens to be the person who indirectly caused the death of Da Jin's mother. Da Jin's hatred causes other people to find it difficult to work with her.
However, Kang Dong Soo, a senior control tower manager, manages to befriend her as Da Jin and her sister resides at his place.
Da Jin starts to fall for Yoon Sung, and Yoon Sung realises that Da Jin is the daughter of his teacher, Pilot Han. Yoon Sung is the person who actually caused the death of Da Jin's mother, but Da Jin is unaware of the truth. Feeling guilty, Yoon Sung struggles to let his true feelings show. On the other hand, Ji Won wants to reconcile with Yoon Sung....
Why watch?
Ji Jin Hee & Koo Hye Sun is a fresh combi. Personally, I enjoyed Ji Jin Hee's dramas, so I thought I shld not missed this as well. Mr Ji's performance was excellent, but Yoon Sung is not a very challenging character for him. (JJH's usual characters are somewhat similar...I still prefer him with more eccentric characters. Lolz!)
Yoo Sun was great with her role. Ji Won has been living with guilt for too long. I am glad she redeemed herself in the end.
Lee Chun Hee's Dong Soo was not bad, but my impression of him is still the same. He needs a WOWcharacter to impress me.
Why skip?
I could not stand Koo Hye Sun here, and I was disappointed. Da Jin is very irritating at the beginning stage. I believe no pilots are as un-professional as her. Even you hate someone so much, you shld not bring your feelings to work. Da Jin is naive and acts childishly. She forgot her job is not just about one person, but a few hundred of them. Even as Da Jin got better later on, I still don't really like her. Sorry Hye Sun, I thought your acting was average. Expression was exaggerated and emotions un-controlled.
The storyline is abit ridiculous. We also have another unprofessional and childish manager who created trouble for her staff. "Eh you're the management of an airline company. How can such a person become leader? My goodness!"