No.of Eps: 16
Yr/TV Stn: 2012/CTS
Cast:
Lan Cheng Long ~ Chang Yu Jie
Li Jia Ying ~ Xia Le Di
Nick Chou ~ Chang Shao Feng
Shara Lin ~ Wen Xi
Tom Price ~ Daniel
Mao Di ~ Mao Di
Synopsis:
Xia Le Di is an arrogant, self-absorbed socialite before her father's backrupcy which left her penniless. She believed that it happened because his competitor stole "Mona Lisa," a revoluntionary makeup technology that his company "Miss Beauty" developed. She vows to get it back. Thus, she went undercover at JEALOUS, the rival company, working as an assistant to Chang Yu Jie, the heartless operation manager/lead makeup artist. While she focused her investigation on him, her romantic interest wandered to his charming half-brother Chang Shao Feng, who turns out to be the person in charged of developing "Mona Lisa"...
Why Watch?
I always mentioned that Lan Cheng Long is not a very good actor. Despite that, he's one of the reason for me to watch this show, which has a substandard title. Hahah! I can't say the plot is fresh, but the cast combi is rather new.
LCL is not woody anymore. He's very expressive and full of emotions. I thought his character suits him, but due to some other factors, I found Yu Jie flawed.
I am abit skeptical about Nick Chou, who is more well-known for singing. Well, his acting was better than I thought, but still green la.
LJY is very new to me, but she's quite natural, though sometimes her acting is abit over.
Overall, it's still watchable, and it's a good "break" from Settv's idol dramas. Hahaha!
Why Skip?
The character development is not very convincing, especially Yu Jie. Since he clearly put down his love for Wen Xi, why still wavered and nearly got married to her? It doesn't make sense. He suddenly becomes indecisive and hurts Le Di again & again. That sort of explains the ending, which Yu Jie and Le Di did not end up together.
Saying about the ending, I don't think Le Di chose Shao Feng, since the 2 are still competing for her affections prior the last scene. I was disappointed la, but I wouldn't fault Le Di for making that choice. Haha!
Tom Price and Mao Di were under utilised, which is a waste to me. Ha!
As for Shara's Wen Xi, I think she shld remained in the past, or maybe just lost her memory for good. All the nice things about her was gone once she chose the wrong path.
Need sometime to get used to Shara's voice, and she's rather new as well, so more room for improvement.
