Saturday, October 16, 2010

TV Drama Review #262 - My Girlfriend is a Nine-Tailed Fox 我的女友是九尾狐

No.of Epis: 16
Year/TV Stn: 2010/SBS
Cast:
Lee Seung Gi ~ Cha Dae Woong
Shin Min Ah ~ Gumiho
No Min Woo ~ Park Dong Joo
Park Soo Jin ~ Eun Hye In
Synopsis: (edited from Dramawiki)
Cha Dae Woong accidentally releases a gumiho, a legendary fox with nine tails that eats the livers of humans. When he finds out that she is a gumiho, he ends up doing crazy things to prevent the girl from eating his liver. On the other hand, a mysterious man, Park Dong Joo, follows Gumiho & Dae Woong closely...
Slacker's review:
This is a classic romance-comedy. The drama is light-hearted, though as the drama progressed, the mood became more serious & sad. Nonetheless, it's a drama which you don't have to crack you brain to think about. I liked the little twist towards the end....don't worry, it's a nice one.
I am neither a big fan of LSG & SMA, but this combo was good enough to draw eyeballs. Their interactions were very refreshing, and I had a good laugh watching them.
Previously watched LSG in his classic hit "Brilliant Legacy", and though Dae Woong was not as snobbish as Hwan, I preferred his portrayal of Hwan more. Lolz~~(we love bad boys huh?) Dae Woong was not someone whom one will like instantly, but his gradual change in character wld made us like him more. From naive, gutless and a little snobbish boy to a responsibile, sensible and willing to sacrifice man. I liked the progress nature of the character.
But but, Shin Min Ah totally stole the show. Her "miho" was just so different from the typical 9 tailed fox portrayal, and I've never seen such a bubbly SMA! (Yeah, most of her characters were pretty serious & dark) I bet everyone who loved miho ok?! There were so many lol scenes of miho looking for meat, and how she tried to behave like a human. Haha! Nice performance from the actress.
I cld not believed No Min Woo was in "Pasta"! He just looked so diff here! (like those idol singers) Ha! Anyway, it seemed like he's getting more attention than before (from those unknown support cast to supporting male lead). Dong Joo was quite mysterious, and he was made a bad guy most of the time. However, he also learnt from the human-fox couple and finally learnt to let go. NMW's acting was average though, as he's pretty expressionless.
Park Soo Jin's character was just plain annoying. Can't stand her!
Another interesting side plot was the romance b/w the director and Dae Woong's aunt. They were quite funny too, though I did not pay too much attention to them.
Do check out the OST. Nice songs from Lee Sun Hee, Shin Min Ah, Lee Seung Gi, No Min Woo etc.