No.of Epis: 16Year/TV Stn: 2010/MBC
Cast:
Kim Hyun Joong ~ Baek Seung Jo
Jung So Min ~ Oh Ha Ni
Lee Tae Sung ~ Bong Joon Gu
Lee Si Young ~ Yoon He Ra
Synopsis: (from dramawiki)
Based on the popular manga, Oh Ha Ni is a clumsy student who falls for the perfectionist, Baek Seung Jo. However, Seung Jo is indifferent towards her and rejects her love. When Ha Ni's house collapses, she and her father moves into his long-time friend's house. It turns out that Seung Jo is the friend's son and Ha Ni is given the opportunity to be near the guy she loves. Will she be able to move Seung Jo's heart?
Slacker's review:
You shld realised that I did not bother to rewrite the synopsis as most people wld be quite familiar with the story by now. I had watched the Japanese & Taiwanese version, so I guessed comparing them with MK is fair enough. MK's plot covered all the way till the couple got married, had their honeymoon, and worked towards their common goal (Seung Jo to become a doc & Ha Ni to become a nurse). Among the 3 versions, TW's ISWAK was the most detailed in terms of plot, and the main leads had the best chemistry. However, I used to be a die-hard fan of the Japanese version, so somehow MK did not appeal to me too much. I thought MK's plot development was kinda disconnected somehow. The story did not flow too well, but it got better later on. There were Korean elements in the drama, but MK still stood out from the traditional Korean plot. (well, it's from a Jap manga...lol!) Each episode ends with teddy bears which are similar to Goong. I thought they shld have tried something new instead of repeating the same stuff.
The drama was shortened to 16 eps due to poor ratings, and it's really bad. Thus, they have to shorten the story and dropped some characters in order to squeeze everything in 16 eps . There were only a few kissing scenes in the drama, and that's kinda boring! Lolz!!! Koreans are so conservative meh?? Haha!
The cast was not the most ideal. I am skeptical about Kim Hyun Joong's acting, and though he has improved quite a bit, he failed to capture the coolness of Naoki. The Korean Seung Jo was not that cool & nonchalant, and his temper was not very good. Seung Jo was quite expressive in his feelings somehow, as jealousy & concern for Ha Ni were obvious from the start of the drama. KHJ looked quite tired throughout the drama, and his curly hair in the later part of the drama did not make him look better. Joe Cheng is not a very gd actor as well, but he was so much better in TKA, while my all time fav is still Kashiwabara Takashi. Lol!
Jung So Min is very new in the K drama world. MK is her 2nd drama, and I initially wondered why the chose her. Surprisingly, I enjoyed her performance, and she's rather good. Ha Ni is the smartest Kotoko among the 3 versions. She's not so dumb & silly in the Korean version, and I kinda like it. However, Ha Ni tends to dream too much. Haha! I always find Sato Aiko's Kotoko too loud, while Ariel looked kinda dumb (though her acting was quite gd).
Lee Tae Sung's Joon Gu was so...old sch. Lolz! I cld not stand his Busan accent plus image! He was just too retro~! Thank goodness they decided to change his hairstyle and dressing. Ha!
As for Lee Si Young, she's not too bad, but my impression of her acting was still the same.
OST was alright. There are songs from G.NA, Kim Hyun Joong & SISTAR.