Monday, April 30, 2012

TV Drama Review #342 - Inborn Pair 真爱找麻烦

No.of Eps: 84
Yr/TV Stn: 2011/SETTV
Cast:
Chris Wang as Ke Wei Xiang
Annie Chen as Song Yi Jie
Xie Kun Da as Ke Wei Cheng
Wang Si Ping as Luo Yun
Guo Xue Fu as Li Er
Jennifer Hong as Ke Yan Ni
Chris Lee as Wang Ke Fan
Chris Wu as Zhao Dong Yang
Synopsis: (from Dramawiki)
Two strangers, who never have much luck in the love arena, found themselves betrothed by their families. Figuring they will never find true love, they agreed to the arranged marriage. They bickered throughout their marriage. But bickering slowly gave way to genuine fondness for one another. In the end, the couple discovered that true love is not to be found but has to be cultivated.
Why watch?
I had no intention to watch this drama, but I got addicted. Thanks to Chris Wang and Annie Chen. The drama's plot was typical, and even the developments were expected. However, Chris and Annie's chemistry was simply awesome! It's fun to see how the couple changed their opinions of each other, started to feel jealous and then fall in love with each other.
This is probably Chris's first lead role, and his acting was not too bad, though got room for improvement. Annie's acting was slightly weaker, but I closed one eye about it. Their first long kissing scene was bloody damn long...i think broke TW drama records already. Hahaha! (but viewers like it :D)
Why skip?
The drama was sort quite draggy, and like what I mentioned earlier on, the plot was typical Taiwanese family drama. The other couples - Wei Cheng/Li Er & Yan Ni/Ke Fan had typical plot developments and I was not interested to see them.
The "love triangles" of the main couple, Dong Yang & Luo Yun cld be quite irritating as well, though they gave up chasing their loved ones in the end.
Btw, the kiddo (Mini Bin) could not really act. I thought his brother is better. Ha!