Tuesday, July 03, 2012

TV Drama Review #354 - Mou Ichido Kimi ni, Propose 再一次向你求婚

No.of Eps: 10
Yr/TV Stn: 2012/TBS
Cast:
Takenouchi Yutaka ~ Miyamoto Haru
Wakui Emi ~ Miyamoto Kanako
Yamamoto Yusuke ~ Tanimura Yuki
Kurashina Kana ~ Yoshiki Katsura
Synopsis: (from Dramawiki)
Haru and Kanako have been married for four years. They don't have any children, but they both enjoy their job and are happy together. However their lives are suddenly disrupted when Kanako faints from subarachnoid hemorrhage. After the operation, it becomes evident that she has lost some of her memory...her memory of the five years with her husband. She decides to return home to her parents. Her younger brother takes care of her. Meanwhile, Haru's colleague notices that there is something troubling him. Life without his wife makes Haru realize how much his wife means to him and vows to propose to her once again...
Review:
I expected this drama to be very touching, but somehow it falls short of my expectations. I continued to watch for Takenouchi and Wakui, though the plot became boring.
The way Haru and Kanako reconciled was done with hardly any feelings. It was a  little abrupt to me as I don't see any signals that Kanako wants to be with him beforehand. Haha! Maybe gotta thank to her diaries where all her missing memories were written down.
Takenouchi looked old with his hairstyle and moustache, but I still like the actor. Haru is not a very expressive person, but he is straightforward and honest. It pains him to let Kanako go, but he proceeded for her sake.
As much as I like Wakui, I did not quite like Kanako at times. I am "forced" to forgive her as she lost her memories. Lolz! It's a pity that chemistry between the 2 leads was not very good, sort of disconnected. That's the problem with most Jdramas actually. The drama was too short for them to build anything deeper or further.
Support cast Yamamoto and Kurashina were ok, but nothing impressive. How I wished Yamamoto can shed his idol image and go for more mature roles. Haha!
Last but not least, theme song "Tadaima" by JUJU is awesome...as usual :)