Sunday, July 29, 2012

TV Drama Review #357 - I Do I Do

No.of Eps: 16
Yr/TV Stn: 2012/MBC
Cast:
Kim Sun Ah ~ Hwang Ji An
Lee Jang Woo ~ Park Tae Kang
Park Gun Hyung ~ Jo Eun Sung
Im Soo Hyang ~ Yeom Na Ri
Synopsis: (edited from Soompi)
Hwang Ji An is a successful career woman with a bright future ahead until she gets into an "accident" a young guy, Park Tae Kang, who has nothing to his name but a high-school diploma and works hard. Her life and career gets thrown in chaos upon learning that she has became pregnant with his child. Her strongest rival, Yeom Na Ri takes the chance to overthrow her company position. On the other hand, she meets Jo Eun Sung, a Gynecologist during their match-making session...
Review:
Actually the drama did not interest me as I am doubtful of Lee Jang Woo & Kim Sun Ah pairing. No doubt KSA is an established actresses, but LJW does not appeal to me. What's worse is the disappointing plot. It's just plain & boring. I do like Ji An and Eun Sung scenes though, and I found them to look more like a couple as compared to Ji An-Tae Kang. Tae Kang is just too immature for her!
I guessed without KSA, this show can simply be dropped from my watching list. KSA portrayed her role very well, and Ji An is actually a challenging character with ups & downs. Chemistry was clearly better with Park Gun Hyung, rather than our male lead.
I don't know why Mr. Park still can't be a male lead, but he has the calibre. It's a waste to see him as a friend by Ji An's side. Eun Sung is really a nice fella ya, just that he's not aggressive enough. Hahaha!
Im Soo Hyang is a rising star but her role does not have too many scenes. Na Ri does not leave me with much impression, but I believed ISH could perform more with better roles. Na Ri is just a plain support character.
I am reluctant to comment abt Lee Jang Woo, because I simply don't like him or Tae Kang. I guess he does not fits the role. Maybe I wld change my impression of him when I see him next time.