No.of Eps: 16
Yr/TV Stn: 2012/KBS
Cast:
Gong Yoo as Seo Yoon Jae
Lee Min Jung as Gil Da Ran
Shin Won Ho as Kang Kyung Joon
Suzy as Jang Ma Ri
Jang Hee Jin as Lee Se Young
Synopsis: (edited from Soompi)
After an accident, 18 years old Kang Kyung Joon found himself in the body of 30 years old Seo Yoon Jae. Seo
Yoon Jae is a successful doctor and is engaged to high school teacher Gil
Da Ran. Gil Da Ran just so happens to be Kyung Joon's teacher.
Jang Ma Ri, who likes Kyung Joon, came to Korea to look for him and found him lying in hospital. She finally learns that Kyung Joon is now Yoon Jae and tried all means to get Kyung Joon back into his body.
On the other hand, Kyung Joon starts to discover his birth secret and Yoon Jae is actually....
Review:
Hong Sisters (the famous Kdrama scriptwriters) returned with a "not-so-Hong Sisters" work. In terms of ratings, "BIG" did not do well, but in terms of creativity, I guessed it's a small breakthrough for them. The drama started out well, but flopped at the ending. Actually I am ok with the ending, but there are too many things left unexplained. Hong Sisters owed us many answers as to the actual swop back of the guys. I mean after all, that's a crucial part as the drama has been revoling around it. In the end, we only heard the swop from Ma Ri's mouth. It's not enough!
"BIG" marked Gong Yoo's comeback after army, and he definitely improved alot! Juggling between two extreme characters isn't easy job, but Gong Yoo managed to do it with his stunning performance. I liked how Gong Yoo acted as KKJ, and we saw how KKJ grew up from a boy to a young man. Gong Yoo is certainly the highlight of the drama.
Glad to see Lee Min Jung again, and I definitely enjoyed her acting here than in "Midas". Many people criticised Da Ran, but I guess nobody is perfect. Da Ran has her struggle; to look forward for Yoon Jae's return, but at the same time she can't help falling for KKJ. Their romance was bound to be ill-fated, but Da Ran fought it with her courage. Gong Yoo and Lee Min Jung had very nice chemistry and they just kept getting better.
Shin Won Ho is an idol from a new group "Cross Gene". Though KKJ is the main character, it was acted out by Gong Yoo most of the time. So we only got to see Shin for a few episodes, and for the rest of the time, he laid on the bed. I think many people wants to see his return after the swop, but you know Shin is not meant to be the lead actor afterall.
Suzy is another idol from "Miss A". She's ok, not that exaggerating, but still quite stiff at times. I did not watch her "Dream High", but I guessed she would get better in the near future.
