Tuesday, December 25, 2012

TV Drama Review #383 - Kekkon Shinai 不结婚

No.of Eps: 11
Yr/TV Stn: 2012/Fuji TV
Cast:
Kanno Miho ~ Tanaka Chiharu
Amami Yuki ~ Kirishima Haruko
Tamaki Hiroshi ~ Kudo Junpei
Synopsis: (from Dramawiki)
The women appearing in this drama are unmarried for various reasons including, they have high expectations, are not able to be themselves in front of men, become attracted to losers, think being single is much more easier, or they think men are unreliable. They’re almost about to lose all hope, however, it’s not that they don’t want to get married, it’s just...things just don’t work out, they don’t know if they’re getting married for themselves or to please others, or they question whether there really is a reason to get married. This drama will realistically portray the trials and tribulations of love, friendship, and work of these women.
Review:
I was excited to see Kanno and Tamaki leading a drama again, but "Kekkon Shinai" is not a rom-com and I did not expect too much on their love affair. True enough, they do not have many intimate scenes together. Each of them have a love line, though Chiharu and Junpei ended up together, while Haruko ended up with the professor. The drama actually falls under the typical Jdrama talking about relationships between a group of people hence the plot is pretty standard. What made me anticipated was Chiharu and Junpei. Their romance developments are slow, but their chemistry built up after each episode. Even though I am not too pleased with the ending, I guessed it somewhat fit the drama's theme...which is romance does not necessarily lead to marriage.
Kanno Miho finally acted in a character which is cheerful and bright. Her scenes with Amami are interesting as they are landlord & tenant, yet they are good friends who guided each other in life. Amami is good as usual, but I was not engaged with her character (not that Haruko is lousy or what, but I am just too engross with Chiharu and Junpei).
Tamaki returns with a new hairstyle and looking younger. He has been acting in all sorts of roles recently, and most of them are serious characters. Glad that he's still willing to act in small budget dramas. Junpei is a slow fella, and I thought nothing wld happen between him and the ladies. Luckily the drama aimed to pair Junpei up with Chiharu or else I might gave up watching. Lol! However, Tamaki's performance was kind of restricted here. Junpei is just a typical nice guy, nothing more. I think the ladies' characters have more layers.
Themesong by Kobukuro is nice.