No.of Epis: 12Year/TV Station: 2009/CTV & GTV
Cast:
Rainie Yang ~ Chen Mo Mo
Jiro Wang ~ Zhuang Jun Nan Mars
George Hu ~ Wei Jia Sen
Linda Liao ~ Chen Chu Chu
Tiffany Xu ~ Yan Shi Jia Ivy
Synopsis: (edited from Dramawiki)
Mars is a superstar whose popularity went downhill after a series of negative publicity. His finances went into red alert and he has to find a new place to stay. He ends up renting a place from Mo Mo, who's also his classmate. Mo Mo has a childhood friend Jia Sen, a swimming captain with the intelligence of an 8-year-old. Mars and Mo Mo starts to befriend each other, though they're at odds initially. Jia Sen, on the other hand, is getting jealous...
Slacker's review:
This drama was not on my list initially, but I gave it a try anyway. Surprisingly, I didn't feel bored watching it. The storyline was simple, but the developments of the drama was cliched. The drama was exceptionally short, so it didn't drag, which was good. I liked how the plot built up the romance b/w Mo Mo & Mars, and how each character was given depth for development. Ending was interesting, and that's something which I didn't expect.
Rainie impressed me again with her character Mo Mo. It was a 180 degrees change from her previous role in "Miss No Good". Rainie's acting has matured alot and her performance was really natural and convincing in "TGH". Finally, I cld enjoy her non-exaggerated performance. Mo Mo was not the usual idol character too, she's the typical "zhai nv" who fantasised "Prince Casaba", and she's quite nonchalant to people around her. However, when she fell for Mars, we got to see a different side of her- a little girl who gave her all to the person she loved.
Jiro was one of the reason why I thought "TGH" would not be nice initially, but luckily he proved me wrong. Haha! Mars was a "fallen" superstar to start with, at least we saw how he climbed back to his fame from epi 1. There's lots of chances to see Mars getting emotional as he struggled with his career, his mum's death, and his relationship with Mo Mo. I liked how he made his feelings known to Mo Mo, and how he persisted on his stand against his manager Tony etc. Jiro's chemistry with Rainie was really good, and the most memorable scene of them was their kissing scene in the middle of the lake. Hoho! (That's one of the best kissing scenes I have even seen on TW dramas.) Though Fahrenheit didn't impress me with their songs, Jiro have at least showed improvements in his acting.
George's acting was not bad, though I didn't like Jia Sen as he's irritating! I gotta say his character was not easy to act as he gotta be convincing to act as a person whose intelligence was lower than average.
Other support cast like Linda & Tiffany were alright, though Tiff's acting was kinda stiff and unconvincing as a superstar in US. Haha!
Theme songs "Yue Lai Yue Ai" & "Mo Mo" by Fahrenheit. "Mo Mo" is such a nice song~