Sunday, September 27, 2009

CC Gang Gathering: Dairy Farm Nature Park

IT WAS A LONG DAY....Ah Ching feeling very tired now. Haha!
--Lunch @ PS Ichiban Sushi--
Met up the gals again for our hiking trip. Had our lunch first before we proceeded to the park.
One of my usual set meals at Ichiban Sushi, sushi & sashimi with udon.
CH & SC's set meal.
--Dairy Farm Nature Park--
Took 171 and we travelled all the way to Upper Bukit Timah Rd. The weather was VERY GOOD (not quite a good news for me, coz' I was sweating like mad. Haha!)
Our two destinations of the day, Wallace Education Centre & Singapore Quarry. If u continue hiking after Wallace Edu Centre, u will find yourself at Zhenghua Park, which is near Bukit Panjang. Ho!
This is the "entrance" to the hiking trails near carpark A.
Map of the nature park.
Check out the gals who were walking under the scotching sun..lolz!

Spotted a piece of fungus on the tree trunk.

Nice view of the neighbouring condos from the park.


Got to know who's Wallace at Wallace Trail.
Wallace Education Centre.
Many of my pals thought we were gg to a farm. Not at all... Wallace Edu Centre used to be a cowshed though. Hehe! No real cows la, but we got 2 cute dairy cows here~
The centre was full of exhibits to show the changing landscape & history of Dairy Farm & Bukit Timan Nature Reserve.
The old Wallace Edu Centre vs the new one.

Saw quite a few dragonflies at the Edu Centre, but I could not snap a pic of them. We decided to proceed to the quarry. Picked the biking trail as it's the short cut, but it's a narrow trail. I gotta kowtow to the bikers who biked there, cos' the trail was full of slopes, & uneven grounds.
Lots of shades~~it's nice to hike here~
A tree had fallen off.
Not sure if this was connected to the Sg Quarry, but the rocks just looked different from the norm.
Nice view of the Bukit Timah hills.

We realised that we had chosen the wrong path & found our way back to the main hiking trail. That's a pretty long way to walk to the quarry! Haiz...Anyway, spotted lots of wild monkeys on our way to the quarry.

Wanna hide? But I had caught u! Hehe!
Finally finally! We reached the quarry site!! The place looked nice, and the pond water was quite clear.
Another side of the quarry wetland pond.
Dairy Farm Nature Park was an easier hiking alternative as compared to Bukit Timah. However, the hiking trail distance was really not that short. Lolz! It can be still tiring after a long walk ah~~I was imagining a cold gassy drink when we were on our way back to town. Hahaha!
--PS--
Had our dinner at Mos Burger. Actually I did not feel hungry la, but I would regret if I didn't eat. Haha! CH left while we walked ard the mall. HM & SC bought mooncakes at the mooncakes fair and I finally reached home at 8 plus.

P.S: E.W bought Goodwood Park Hotel's Durian mooncake!!!! Hooray!