
Year/TV Station: 2009/KTV & Fuji TV
Cast:
Nakayama Yuma ~ Kuromiya Ruka/Ayu
Kato Rosa ~ Natsukawa Makoto
Sakuraba Nanami ~ Takagi Kaori
Nakajima Kento ~ Handa Hiroto
Kondo Masahiko ~ Kaito
Synopsis: (edited from Dramawiki)
Ruka has yet to mature into a full-fledged vampire. His canines have yet to fully develop, which means he has not tasted human blood before. In order to get him prepared, he is cast down into the world of humans by Kaito, who's a veteran vampire. Ruka stays with Jiro, the owner of a Chinese restaurant, and enrolls in a high school. His homeroom teacher is Makoto, who's a cheerful but meddlesome. Makoto was surprised to see Ruka at first, because he looked exactly the same as Ayu, her first love. Makoto just could not stop herself from concerning Ruka, and her fiance, Fujii, is worried. Later, a vampire disguises as a teacher and controls the school. While trying to save Makoto, Ruka's vampire identity is revealed...
Slacker's review:
"Koishite Akuma" is a sweet high school romance drama featuring a young vampire. I thought the concept was nice, though the drama did not have much action or excitement. Plot wise, it was too predictable & plain. I thought it wld be nicer if they added more action for Ruka. Overall, it's still a watchable drama.
Nakayama, another Johnny's boy, is only 15 years old, and he's 9 yrs younger than his co-lead, Rosa. I did not think there's a mismatch problem here, and Rosa looked young for her age. Haha! But acting wise, Nakayama gotta work harder lo. He's really stiff & expressionless throughout the drama. (I know vampires gotta act cool...lolz!) Luckily, his smiles were lovely enough. Haha!
I thought Rosa really led this drama, cos I felt that the plot was revolving around her. Honestly, without Rosa, I don't think I would watch this drama. Rosa's acting has improved a lot, and the girl was very lovely as well. I liked her natural acting here, and the last few scenes with Nakayama were really touching. (Imagine Makoto gotta lose her beloved one for the 2nd time).
Other support cast was alright. Kaito & Ruka's relationship has always been interesting. Ruka was always "working against" Kaito as he refused to suck blood. But till their last scene, I thought Kaito was convinced that Ruka was just someone different.
Makoto's fiance was an irritating character, while Ruka's classmates were alright (there were the usual "boy crazy" girls). Sakuraba & Nakajima did reasonably well as Ruka's classmates.
Theme song "Akuma na Koi" is sung by Nakayama Yuma with B.I.Shadow.