No.of Epis: 24Year/TV Stn: 2010/KBS
Cast:
Jang Hyuk ~ Lee Dae Gil
Oh Ji Ho ~ Song Tae Ha
Lee Da Hae ~ Un Nyun / Kim Hye Won
Lee Jong Hyuk ~ Hwang Chul Woong
Han Jung Soo ~ General Choi
Kim Ji Suk ~ Wang Son
Kim Ha Eun ~ Sul Hwa
Synopsis: (from Dramawiki)
Chuno follows the story of Lee Dae Gil, a man of high birth whose family was ruined when Won Ki Yoon, a slave, burnt down his house and escaped with his sister, Un Nyun, who was in love with Dae Gil. Driven by his desire for revenge, Dae Gil survived his harsh years on the streets and made his name as a slave hunter, dedicated in his pursuit to find Un Nyun, his first and only love. Song Tae Ha is a General of the Army who became a slave after being falsely accused of a crime he did not commit, and finds himself on the run from Dae Gil's relentless pursuit. Both men become entangled in a love triangle with Un Nyun, who is no longer a runaway slave, but Kim Hye Won, a nobleman's daughter.
Slacker's review:
To be honest, I was a little bored with Chuno's plot. After all, the reason for watching was solely the cast. Chuno's plot was filled with emotions, bitter romance & bitterness in life during that time. I was bored because I did not like the scenes of people hunting & killing each other. I was more interested in the characters' development. Thus, I skipped quite a bit when the drama was showing all the pursuing and fighting scenes. Luckily, Chuno is not a drama which just focused on the hunting of slaves. A major part of the story was about the sad romance b/w Dae Gil, Hye Won & Tae Ha. I thought the drama was well-balanced in various aspects, which also includes friendship b/w the characters (e.g. Dae Gil-General Choi-Wang Son, Tae Ha & his men etc). The director also filmed the action scenes with different angles & directions.
I am a fan of Jang Hyuk, and his performance was great as usual. Dae Gil's last scene with Hwang Chul Woong & Sul Hwa was damn sad. Especially when Sul Hwa sang him a song while holding him tightly. Oh Ji Ho's acting was quite impressive as well. Perhaps it's because his acting was so much better than his previous ones. Lee Da Hae was great as well, though Hye Won became a support character towards the end. I thought Hye Won's role was underused. I bet many ppl hoped that Hye Won ends up with Dae Gil. I am fine with Hye Won ending up with either man, as both really loved & cared for her. However, I thought it wld be harder for Hye Won to be with Dae Gil. Time has passed & I felt that Hye Won's love for Dae Gil was filled with more guilt than love. On the other hand, Tae Ha was the guy who protected and stayed by her side when she's on the run with the little crown prince.
Lee Jong Hyuk was great too. His character Hwang was a bad guy and a cruel killer, but in fact, he was a pathetic fella who was sort of controlled by others as well. Hwang did not die in the end, but his ending scene was really touching. Btw, the actress who acted as Hwang's wife was terrific!
The support cast was great as well. When I thought General Choi & Wang Son were killed by Hwang, I felt so disappointed! Thank goodness, they did not die in the end~
OST was nice. Loved "달에 지다" by Beige, ending theme "Stigma" by Im Jae Bom, "바꿔" by Gloomy 30's & instrumental track "비익련리(比翼連里)" by Ccotbyel.