No.of Epis: 16Year/TV Stn: 2010/SBS
Cast:
Chae Rim ~ Yoon Gae Hwa
Choi Si Won ~ Sung Min Woo
Lee Hyun Woo ~ Yoo Shi Joon
Park Han Byul ~ Hong Yoo Ra
Moon Jung Hee ~ Han Jung Ah
Synopsis:
Yoon Gae Hwa is an ordinary housewife who has divorced from her husband and try to seek for a living. She is told by Yoo Shi Joon, the boss of a musical production company that if she cld get Sung Min Woo to sign a contract with them, she will be offered a job.
Just then, a child appeared in front of Sung Min Woo & to avoid scandals, Min Woo sign the contract but wants Gae Hwa to take care of the child in return.
Things get complicated when Yoo Ra, Min Woo's first love, returns from abroad.
Slacker's review:
"OML" is a typical rom-com, and I enjoyed it, despite the uncreative storyline. Any dramas focusing on super stars could not avoid stuffs like scandals & contracts. Haha! Well, thank goodness they did not make Min Woo a perfect character, or else everything wld seem so fake.
Anyway, "OML" is a light-hearted, touching & funny drama which I think nobody wld say it's boring.
Glad to see Chae Rim's comeback, but I hope she wld not stuck with the auntie image in the future. (She's not that old ok?) I really loved Gae Hwa; she's a loving mum, a hardworking employee, and a super understanding friend. Chae Rim's portrayal was good and she did not exaggerate with her auntie behaviour. Chemistry with Si Won was great, and I thought her scenes with little Ye Eun were simply great.
Choi Si Won is not new to acting, but this is his first proper drama which he's the leading man. (I wld not count "Legend of Hyang Dan" in since that drama was only 2 eps long). I cld see Si Won improving as the drama moved on, and I think he wld be a good actor in no time. Min Woo was imperfect in many ways, thus there were lots of development going on for him as well. Initially, he was arrogant & cld only think for himself. However, after much realisation & self-awareness, Min Woo finally knew how to care for others and to prove his acting ability. The drama also gave Si Won an opportunity to showcase his good vocals. Hehe! Scenes with little Ye Eun were quite entertaining soon.
The woody actor Lee Hyun Woo is back. He's somewhat still the same, though he managed to show expressions in some scenes. Chemistry with the cast was alright, and there's hardly any chemistry b/w him & Moon Jung Hee.
Moon Jung Hee's role is quite minor here, but I liked her new image. What's more? She cld dance! Cool! It's a pity that her storyline was quite a sad one, as Shi Joon was pretty much a woody person as well. For once, I thought her reason to see another man was quite justified. Ha!
Nice to see Park Han Byul's comeback as well, but her acting was average. Even her character Yoo Ra was typical and annoying. Well, you need a breakthrough, Ms Park.
Last but not least, gotta mention the little child actress who acted as Ye Eun! She's just so kawaii~~~!!
Do check out "OML" OST as well, got a couple of nice songs there.