No.of Eps: 25Yr/TV Stn: 2010/TVB
Cast:
Ada Choi ~ Liang Qiao Zhi/Janet Bin
Moses Chan ~ Jian Ming Xuan
Raymond Cho ~ Xu Yong Hui
Kenny Wong ~ Yang Hao Ran
Synopsis: (edited from Dramawiki)
Liang Qiao Zhi is a career woman in her 30s, and she has all the attributes of a typical Hong Kong girl - fussy, arrogant and easily irritated by the sight of beautiful young ladies. She is desperate for love and has been eagerly waiting for the thrilling miracles of life. As Zhi is plunged into misery and despair, something strange happens and leads to her abrupt transformation into a superwoman of charm and immense strength. Zhi disguises herself as Janet Bin. When she mutates, she is equipped with extraordinary powers, through which she fights for justice and helps the weak, joyously exploring and experiencing a dazzling kaleidoscope of adventures. Along the way, she meets three different men, the brave yet traditional policeman Yang Hao Ran, the good-natured gentleman turned nouveau-riche businessman Yong Hui, and the super-talented genius Jian Ming Xuan.
Soon, Zhi starts to have conflicts with Janet Bin, and realises that Janet Bin wants to take over her body...
Slacker's review:
Fly with Me already looked "nonsensical" with the poster and plot. I can accept lame dramas, but there must be some minimum logic behind it. The drama started off well and I was quite surprised as the style was really different from the norm. I had endless of fun and laughter watching the characters, but towards mid way, the whole plot just went downhill. The storyline was simply without any logic, and there were many loopholes! I cld not wait to finish the drama. It's a pity that the refreshing theme cld not last long.
Fly with me was specially catered to Ada Choi, and she performed well in handling 2 very diff roles at the same time. Though Ada's acting was good, her character was not likable. I did not like Chi, neither did I like the crazy Janet Bin.
I did not understand why they let Moses take such nonsense role. Total waste of talent. Moses's scenes were probably fewer than Raymond or Kenny. Xuan was a nice guy and after being dumped by Janet Bin, he just changed totally like nobody's business. Same for Raymond's Hui as well. The change in the character was just too drastic. Ending was bad as well. Superwoman was gone, but here comes 'superman'! This is probably one of the worst endings I have ever seen from TVB.
Raymond Cho's performance was great when Hui was still a super nice guy. However, when Hui became a cold-blooded monster, Raymond's acting seemed to be kinda forceful and unnatural. I thought Raymond looked better with his hair down though. Hui's rich image looked more like a triad boss to me. Haha!
Kenny's Ran was quite irritating yet entertaining. Ran's storyline was full of developments as well, from a righteous cop to someone who aimed to get rid of Janet Bin, and even when he lost his job, he did not stop chasing after the superwoman. I nearly "fainted" when I saw Ran dressed like a woman to sabotage Janet Bin. Why another drastic change? Maybe I shld accept it since the drama was "out of the box". Hahaha!
The support cast was also quite "nonsensical" as well, and I got tired of the opening intro of Zhi & Janet Bin. I rather listen to a dull theme song.