Wednesday, January 25, 2012

CNY Day 3: The Great Magician 大魔术师

--Shaw Cinema @ NEX--
Watched my idol Tony Leung's new movie today!!! I was curious how this serious "looking" movie is actually a comedy. Well, director Derek Yee did something refreshing, as the plot of Chinese warlords is normally a serious affair. The movie did not try to be very funny with lame scenes, but the funny portion came from Lau Ching-wan's character, Liu Daniu a.k.a the warlord. Tony's Zhang Xian is someone who did something funny without looking like one. Haha! I liked the 2 actors scenes together. Zhou Xun is more like the 2nd fiddle here and to be honest, she was "underused".
Oh ya..Tony was very handsome when he showed his magic...woohoo!!
--Day 3 CNY dinner--
The usual day 3 event is to go to my aunt's house and have dinner at the tze char stall near her place. This year both my cousins are not around, so it was rather boring, but it's ok.
I doubt I ate a lot, but I felt bloated till now...lolz!