No.of Eps: 30
Yr/TV Stn: 2012/TVB
Cast:
Michael Miu ~ Guan Jia An
Sonija Kwok ~ Shi Lang Qiao
Linda Chung ~ Guan Jia Le
Ron Ng ~ Ding Guan Feng
Michael Tse ~ Gao Hong Zhan
Joyce Tang ~ Li Man Hua
Him Law ~ Guan Jia Rong
Synopsis: (edited from K TV net)
Renovation contractor Guan Jia An is the eldest of four siblings, while his wife Lang Qiao is a typical housewife. Buying a house is their longtime dream. But when his 2nd brother is injured and could not support his family, they shelve their plan to help him overcome his difficulties. Qiao has to look for a job too. Unwilling to see An shoulder the burden on his own, Jia Le, the third of the siblings, turns to her supervisor Gao Hong Zhan for assistance, resulting in her taking part in an indecent proposal. Her boyfriend, Ding Guan Feng, breaks up angrily with her when he finds out about their affair. Jia Rong, the youngest of the four, prefers spending to saving and decides that he will in no circumstances help in the service of the mortgage. The family dream of buying a house turns out eventually to be a nightmare that never ends.
Review:
The drama's plot is about HKer's housing woes, and surprisingly, the cast was considered stellar as it's hard to see 3 A-listers in one typical TVB production. (Normally this will only happen to mega productions like anniversary dramas) I found the drama lengthy and some of the characters were down right dumb. They should have just shorten it to 20 eps and cut down all the crappy romance & feuds between Jia Le, Hong Zhan and Guan Feng.
There are many characters here and the plot needs to cover all of their little side stories. Michael & Sonija's plot was supposed to be the highlight, but the love triangle between Le-Zhan-Feng somehow outshone the rest. Each pair of couple has their irritating moments, so I shall not elaborate here. Haha!
Performance wise, Michael Miu was pretty average, though I am not implying he's not good. It's just that Jia An is too ordinay.
Sonija did quite well in her role as she don't normally get a housewife character in dramas. Her acting is convincing and natural, and chemistry with Michael was not bad.
Michael Tse was actually very striking here and his acting was great. However, I found Zhan quite silly when he started to do all the wrong things in order to keep Le by his side.
Normally I liked Linda and her roles, but not Jia Le. I just disliked her to core. She only knows how to cry and avoid her problems.
I always hope Ron can prove that he can act, but sadly they always gave him some lousy character which he has acted N times. Feng is too ordinary as well, and like Le, he also avoided his own problems and played foolish games in order to take his revenge.
Joyce Tang was great and I pitied Hua. Luckily they did not made her became a super devil in the drama.
Him Law is appearing in many dramas recently. Another actor who is stucked with his usual image - big muscular sunny boy who cannot be serious with work. I hope he does not become the 2nd Ron Ng, but chances are it's likely to be the same. TVB! Time to give them some drastic change!
