Wednesday, October 17, 2012

TV Drama Review #368 - Haeundae Lovers 海云台恋人们

No.of Eps: 16
Yr/TV Stn: 2012/KBS
Cast:
Kim Kang Woo ~ Lee Tae Sung
Jo Yeo Jung ~ Go So Ra
Jung Suk Won ~ Choi Joon Hyuk
Nam Gyu Ri ~ Lee Se Na
Kang Min Kyung ~ Hwang Joo Hee
Synopsis:
Lee Tae Sung, an elite prosecutor, went to Busan to investigate on a drug boss and bumps into So Ra, who's the daughter of a former gangster. Tae Sung lost his memory after an accident and falls in love with So Ra. Choi Joon Hyuk comes to Haeundae Hotel as the new vice president, and he is interested with So Ra as well. Tae Sung is identified as the successor of the hotel, but this also means that he's the son of President Yang, whom So Ra's family hates as he snatched the hotel away from them.
Tae Sung's real identity is later revealed as Joon Hyuk realises that he's legally married to Lee Se Na...
Review:
The plot is actually not very appealing to me, but I watched for the cast. For normal rom-com production, the cast here is considered stellar as they got pretty well-known actors to act as supporting roles.
I found that the scriptwriter added too many elements into the drama. It's targetted as a rom-com, but there are too much focus on the hotel issues and on Tae Sung's identity and crisis. So Ra's character became pretty minor towards the end.
Great to see Kim Kang Woo back in drama land, and this is perhaps the first time I saw him acting in such a not serious role. He did very well to different Tae Sung & Namhae (his name when he lost his memory).
I was pretty impressed with Jo Yeo Jung's performance in "I Need Romance", and I just watched her movie "The Concubine" as well. Her acting is very versatile and I enjoyed her So Ra very much. Like her Busan accent as well.
Jung Suk Won returned to small screen at a pretty fast rate after "Rooftop Prince", and Joon Hyuk is quite an interesting fella. While he is very nice most of the time, he's not an angel. He still did some bad stuff due to his feelings for So Ra. At least he's not an one dimensional character.
My last impression of Nam Gyu Ri was in "49 Days", and I thought she was not bad. It's a pity that Se Na's role is under developed. She's just there to make things worse, especially when she found out that Tae Sung's still alive. Unlike Joon Hyuk, Se Na really turned from angel to devil...lol!
Kang Min Kyung is the famous half of Kpop grp Davichi, but she is pretty plastic to me. Lolz! Her acting was not too bad, but Joo Hee is not a nice character.  
Other idols like Park Gun Il (Supernova) and Park So Yeon (T-ara) also appeared as So Ra's family members. Realised that So Yeon's character went MIA halfway through the drama, and apparently she was dropped by the drama production la. Must be due to the T-ara controversy. Haiz~