Wednesday, August 19, 2009

TV Drama Review #202 - Forensic Heroes II 法政先锋 II

No.of Epis: 30
Year/TV Drama: 2008/TVB
Cast:
Bobby Au Yeung ~ Gao Yan Bo
Frankie Lam ~ Gu Ze Chen
Charmaine Sheh ~ Ma Guo Ying
Kevin Cheng ~ Yang Yi Sheng
Yoyo Mung ~ Liang Xiao Rou
Synopsis: (edited from Wikipedia)
Bomb disposal expert Yang Yi Sheng returns from England to visit relatives and he come across a grenade case by accident. Sheng's skills are highly appreciated by Senior Chemist Yan Bo and he is invited to join the Forensic Division. Sheng soon becomes the division's rising star and he gets back in touch with his long-lost best friend Chen, who is marrying Ding Ding.
During an incident, Ding Ding and Yan Bo's police girlfriend Xiao Rou are caught in an explosion which is meant to kill two drug dealers. Ding Ding dies of her injuries, while Xiao Rou loses movement of her right hand and goes half-deaf. Rou's duties are passed to Guo Ying, who's from the Narcotics Bureau. Both Chen & Sheng find Ying extremely charming with her smart and unfathomable characteristics in case handling. Soon, Sheng falls for Ying & goes all out to win her heart.
Slacker's review:
Forensic Heroes's sequel is back. Though I was anticipating this drama, there were some parts which I did not really liked. First of all, Charmaine replaced Yoyo as the main female lead. (Rumours said Yoyo offended top mgt, so as some sort of punishment, Xiao Rou became support lead instead.) After watching the drama, I thought Charmaine did pretty well, but it's a pity that Xiao Rou's scenes were pathetically few towards the end. Second, there seemed to be loopholes here & there in the plot. I wondered if TVB thought that the viewers were fools. There's a scene where Ding's sister was talking on the phone when she's on the plane. (Hello? Can use hp in plane ah?) Another scene was when Sheng suffered a 40% burnt on his body & face, but very soon, there's only one plaster on his forehead. (40% lo! Shld have continued to cover the whole head ma! Ha!) But overall, "FH2" is still watchable la, the cases were generally interesting, but perhaps only the last case had some twists & turns.
I won't say too much on Bobby, Frankie & Yoyo's performance. They were doing great in the drama, Yan Bo seemed to be more cheerful & cheeky in this sequel. Loved his scenes with Rou. As for Frankie, I thought his emotional scenes were not too bad, it's really sad when Chen lost Ding Ding.
Seriously, Charmaine stole the show. Her character was given developments for us to see another side of Ying. I thought Charmaine did pretty well as Ying switched from a demanding superior, to a nice daughter, to a woman whose fiance was killed, to a woman who found a new love. Her scenes with Kevin & Frankie were good. I thought it would be nice for her to end up with Frankie, but ppl wld start blaming Chen for forgetting Ding so fast. Hehe!
I am always skeptical over Kevin's acting. He's still quite the same, but I did enjoyed his performance in "FH2".
The other funny couple in the drama was Raymond Cho & Florence Kwok. Raymond's Shen Xiong was really damn funny in the show. Haha!
Theme song is "Yi Liu" by Edmond Leung, while insert song "Deng Ni" is sung by Charmaine Sheh.