
Year/TV Station: 2008/TVB
Cast:
Gallen Lo ~ Miao Zhun (MC)
Myolie Wu ~ Zhou Zi Yu (Chow Chow)
David Lui ~ Zhou Zi Zhan
Margie Tsang ~ Sui Tian Lan
Bernice Liu ~ Wen Zi Qi
Raymond Wong ~ Ying Hai Liang (Carson)
Synopsis: (edited from Wikipedia)
Miao Zhun was once diagnosed with cancer, and his girlfriend was killed in an accident, when she attempted to save a mutt, Big Bus. From that day onwards, Zhun hated dogs and abandoned Big Bus. Zi Yu found Big Bus wandering on the streets and brought him back to her father's kennel. However, Big Bus carried a deadly virus and killed all the German Shepherds in the kennel. Since then, Yu's father became employed with the pound to catch abandoned dogs. Her brother, Zhan & his wife Lan opened a pet shop to earn money for the family.
Yu starts her first day of work at Raptor Advertising Company alongside her boyfriend, Carson & Zhun. Later, Yu finds Small Bus (the younger brother of Big Bus) on the street, and brings him back to the company and promotes him as their advertising icon. Zhun is forced to take Small Bus home and discovers that dogs are not as bad as he thought.
Carson is caught cheating with one of his clients Gloria, and soon Yu and Zhun develop a relationship. Zi Qi, the boss's daughter, returns from the States and is given full responsibility of Raptor. Qi is always finding ways to disturb and annoy Zhun. Later, Qi confesses to Zhun that she has a crush on him for years. Just as Zhun prepares to confess his feelings for Yu, he learns that his cancer has relapsed...
Slacker's review:
Gallen Lo is back! He is one of my fav. TVB actors & I was kinda sad that he left TVB some years ago. Well, I'm glad that he has returned, but his comeback drama "WADLAC" was not very impressive, in terms of plot. I thought the development of the storyline was alright initially, though it's annoying to see how MC treated Small Bus, and the endless quarrels b/w MC & Chow Chow. The storyline got a little better when Chow Chow broke up with Carson, and how MC helped Chow during her difficult times. But, the storyline went downhill as MC refused to admit his feelings for Chow Chow, and went back to his old-self. Ending was kinda rush, and it's kinda ridiculous as MC faked his death. (Well, the real ending was not too bad, though MC really have to die for the 2nd time...) I found some characters contradicting too. For example, Lan, is not a dog lover, but she opened the pet shop & she could not care less for the dogs' well-being, only bothered with her profits & expansion plans. Chow Chow's dad only loved German Shepherds, as they are top breeds, and he hated mutts like crazy just because of that incident. I thought dog lovers are supposed to be fair to all kinds of dogs? Haha..maybe I should not generalise.
Our Gallen seemed to be a little tired here. MC was quite a refreshing character from Gallen as he used to be either a good or bad guy in his past dramas. I liked how MC changed his attitude & behaviour, from a snobbish guy who everybody disliked, to someone who's caring & understanding, and to someone who refused to let ppl beside him from getting hurt. Chemistry b/w Gallen & Myolie was not too bad, though Gallen seemed a little too old for our lady.
Personally, I liked Myolie's characters most of the time, but Chow Chow was too typical for Myolie la, nothing new and kinda boring. (Sometimes, I could not stand characters who are too righteous.) Chow Chow seemed to be too anxious for MC's confession and she kept wanting MC to admit his feelings for her. I was just hoping that Chow Chow would not be so desperate la. Well, though I was not impressed with Myolie's character this time round, I liked her image & hairstyle. (make up was kinda thick though..hehe!)
The most impt couple after MC-Chow is Zhan & Lan. Seriously, their side plot took up a lot of screen time too, and I did not like that. Zhan & Lan were quarrelling most of the time, and I found Lan very ridiculous. Sorry Margie, I just hated your character here. I rather the drama focused more on Bernice & Raymond.
I wondered why Bernice is still a minor support lead up till now. Obviously, TVB does not plan to promote her any time soon. I thought her performance was alright here, though Qi was not a likable character most of the time.
I think Raymond Wong started to act in TVB dramas in 2007, but this is the first time I saw him. (I did not watched his ATV dramas before.) Anyway, he has lots of dramas this year, so do check him out. Well, Carson was a jerk in the drama, though he finally "turned over a new leaf" and became Chow Chow's guardian angel. Raymond's acting was alright, lacked expressions though.
Theme song is "When A Dog Loves A Cat" by Gallen & Myolie. Gallen is a great singer ^_^