Sunday, April 10, 2011

CC Gang Gathering: Universal Studios

--USS @ Sentosa--
This is my 2nd visit to USS, but it's actually my 1st visit to the rides and other areas besides Hollywood & New York zone. Thanks to MasterCard, we only need to pay $57.60 after 20% discount!
The Universal Studios globe was covered up today, but I snapped twice of it before, so it's ok~
Entrance to USS.
I had taken pics of Hollywood zone before, so did not bother to take much today.
--1st stop: Lights, Camera, Action! @ New York--
This was hosted by Steven Spielberg.
There are 3 levels, and if you chose 1st level, be prepared to get wet. Lol!
This is the theatre where they show you the special effects of an empty sound stage becoming the setting for a major hurricane which was abt to hit New York City.
The effects were cool, but not very stunning. Ppl stood at the right hand corner received big splash of water. Luckily we were on the left, and what welcomed us was a gigantic ship which came into the theatre towards the end.
--2nd stop: Battlestar Galactica Cylon & Human @ Sci-Fi City--
There are 2 roller coasters here, and another game called Accelerator, which was commonly seen in pasar malam or fun fairs as well. Battlestar Galactica was the most challenging rides in USS, and we decided to try it first. Haha!
The red track is for Human, while the blue is for Cylon. Basically, Human's roller coaster was typical in design, but surprisingly, we found it more scary than Cylon! Hahaha! I thought my body was falling off! Terrible~!
After the ride, we felt that our legs were wobbly. GC & CH declared that they did not want to take Cylon. I thought we were moving on to the next ride, until I spotted HM and SC walking towards Cylon's entrance. Together with KH, the 4 of us challenged Cylon, which leaves your legs dangling in the air.
I did not scream as much this time round. In fact, I felt safer with Cylon's safety protector. At least I did nt feel like falling off. Cylon's blue track got 360 degrees spin, so it was far more exciting than Human. I am happy that I conquered this roller coaster!!!
--4th stop: Revenge of the Mummy @ Ancient Egypt--
From this pt onwards, CC Gang was split into 2 grps. One grp left for rest, while the other grp continue to chiong their rides. It's a pity that we cld not play all the rides as a whole grp.
Entrance to the indoor roller coaster.
Basically, the Mummy ride was another roller coaster which was not as scary as its neighbour, Battlestar Galactica. The roller coaster moved slowly as we saw Mummies and insects here and there, and without caution, the roller coaster suddenly moved backwards, turned around, and chiong all the way up before it chiong down. Hoho!!! It was really dark inside, so you cld nt see the tracks properly.
--5th stop: Treasure Hunters @ Ancient Egypt--
This ride is for families with kids. We did not know that until we were in the queue.
The old-schooled vehicle moved quite slowly, and the 3 of us were feeling sleepy after the mummy ride. It's a good break after 3 roller coaster rides though.
--6th stop: Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure @ The Lost World--
The dinos outside Discovery Food Court.
Entrance to Jurassic Park.
The other grp was watching WaterWorld show, so we decided to take the only water ride in USS. KH and I decided to buy USS ponchos at 2 bucks. I liked the logo at the back. The queue was slightly longer, and we were grouped together with a dad and son, plus a Caucasian family of 4. I am not sure if the ang mohs knew that they wld get wet, as they did not wear any ponchos. Anyway, since this water ride allowed kids, that means it's not scary at all la.
There were only 1 fast current section, so most of the time, you wld not get wet while the boat kept spinning and dinos kept making sound beside you. The real highlight was at the final part.
Our boat rose up suddenly, and a dino appeared at the top. I saw a door behind KH, and I knew that our boat was going to fall from tt door. Haha! So, immediately, we chiong down and those back facing the current were totally drenched! KH was still alright as she got her ponchos on, but the ang mohs were totally wet from head to toe! Wow~
--7th stop: Goldilocks @ Far Far Away--
Entrance to Far Far Away zone.
Shrek's castle, and entrance to Shrek 4-D Adventure.
We decided to have lunch here, and re-joined with the other 4. This meal costed me $9.8 bucks. Besides the 2 piece chicken, I think the rest were ordinary.
--8th stop: Shrek 4-D Adventure @ Far Far Away--
The gang broke into 2 again after lunch. KH, SC and I proceeded to catch the 4-D Adventure at Shrek's castle.
This is the hall where they briefly introduced Shrek and Princess Fiona. Quite ok for ppl like me who did not watch Shrek before, but we were made to stand for quite sometime.
After the intro, we moved into a big auditorium, and for adults, the chairs were not stationary, which also means that the chair we sat on can move la!
The 4-D effects were cool, and when the donkey sneezed, water was sprayed in front of us! The spider part was interesting too, as you really felt that they were many spiders at your feet!
--9th stop: Donkey LIVE @ Far Far Away--
We headed to another theatre for Donkey's Live performances. Actually I thought this show was so so....It's quite interactive, but probably more fun for kids.
Here's the stage~
Donkey only sang 2 songs and talked most of the time. Due to his accent, it was quite difficult to understand what he was talking about most of the time. Lolz~
--10 stop: Enchanted Airways @ Far Far Away--
This is a smaller roller coaster ride which was catered for kids. However, many adults took them too. KH and I sat at the last row, and the roller coaster moved damn fast la! Hahaha! SC did not dare to scream as the ang moh kid beside her did nt scream at all. So funny!
--11 stop: Canopy Flyer @ The Lost World--
We returned to The Lost World to catch our last ride of the day. Canopy Flyer was another ride suitable for kids. So its's not very siong, but ppl sitting back-facing the front wld find the ride more exciting, as we cld nt see the direction of the track. The Flyer moved quite fast, and it was swaying when we turned. Quite shiok, but the ride was too short la.
Later, we decided it's time to leave USS to find the rest.
--12 stop: Far Far Away Zone--
KH spotted her Puss in Boots mascot and we took pics with him. This cat was really adorable.
--13 stop: Madagascar Zone--
Madagascar's main attraction, A Crate Adventure, is still not ready. So there's nothing much here besides the King Julien's Beach Party-Go-Round, which in fact is just a merry-go-round.
We saw Alex, The Lion mascot and chiong to take pics with him. Now, our aim became taking pics with whatever mascots we saw.
--14 stop: Hollywood Zone--
We spotted Po, The Kung fu Panda and Woody The Woodpecker mascots while walking towards entrance. Luckily the queue was not that long~

Met up the rest at Resort World's Toast Box before returning to Vivo for light dinner.

It was a very tiring day, but I enjoyed it. Hopefully, Madagascar and Transformer zones will be ready in the near future...