How long? 25 episWhen & which tv stn? 2006/TVB
Who's in?
Bobby Au Yeung ~ Gao Yan Bo
Yoyo Mung ~ Liang Xiao Rou
Frankie Lam ~ Gu Ze Chen
Linda Chung ~ Lin Ding Ding
What's it abt?
Yan Bo and his team worked with the police force to crack down many murder cases. Xiao Rou is the new head of the police department. Ze Chen is a forensic doctor who does post-mortem on the victims. Ding Ding is a new junior technician in the forensic team. Besides cracking the cases together, the characters were also entangled in their romances. Chen and Rou dated each other briefly but broke up after they found that they are suitable to be friends. Rou and Bo's romance was hindered by Bo's actions as he still loved his late wife. Chen and Ding Ding clicked off well and romance sparked.
Love & Hates:
The websites said FH is the chinese version of CSI. Though I have nv watch CSI before, I think FH is still far from CSI, in terms of the production and plot. FH's plot is actually quite a standard formula for other TVB police-related dramas. Just that, this time round, the plot's main focus was how the forensic team assisted the police force. It tends to show that without the forensic team, the police force wld find it hard to crack cases becoz' of lack of evidences. Haha! As for the cases, it's easy to guess who are the suspects. I wished TVB wld improve on the cases, may be make them more tougher or with more twists. It's really no kick..haha!
The cast was good generally. I wld say there's chemistry b/w the leads, but not very much coz' the romance part was touched on rather briefly.
Bobby's performance was as expected. It's either he's a funky guy or a serious guy in his dramas. This time round, he kinda reminded me of his character in "Take My Word for It".
I did quite enjoy Linda's performance and I think she's getting better each time round. Perhaps must thank TVB for giving her many chances la. Hah!
Frankie and Yoyo were alright, nothing new from their performance. However, I like Yoyo letting her hair down, she's more pretty lo.
Themesong by Frankie Lam...average ne~
Worth watching?
Definitely a must-watch! There will be a sequel next yr, with Charmaine Sheh and Kevin Cheng as additional cast. Spectacular ne!