Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Quantum of Solace

--Eng Wah @ Suntec--
Mr Chean "fly me aeroplane" today, so end up E.W and Aunt Jo accompanied me to watch Mr Bond. Lolz! Well, the movie started off right after the ending of "Casino Royale", so it cld be kinda blur for ppl who didnt watch the first one. Even I was kinda blur too...coz' it was 2 yrs ago u know. Hehe! Anyway, the movie was not that bad, action scenes were well done. Butta, our James Bond didn't seem quite the same as last time...finally I understand why the critics said there's a lack of glamour in him. Well, this time round we got to see a more cold-blooded and revengeful Bond. I think Daniel Craig's acting is getting better....though he seemed to be less expressive. Our bond girl didn't seem very chio right? Haha.. Olga is from Ukraine, but she didn't seem like an ang moh in the movie, coz' she gotta act as Bolivian la, so she looked so tanned. Hahaha..not much intimate scenes b/w her and Craig...(so not JB style..) and I think somehow JB movies thesedays focused less on intimate scenes. Lolz! Amalric's Greene was just those standard baddies in the movie, nothing interesting la. I still rmb the gal they killed by pouring oil all over her body, that image was just...WOW! Again, we get to "travel" to different countries again, from Italy, to London, to Bolivia, Austria and Russia. I didn't know Bolivia got desert lo! Sua gu! Well, i don't think we know who's the mastermind in the end, wondering if the next Bond movie wld be a sequel again....Anyway, i am anticipating the next one in 2 yrs time.
--Aftermath--
Checked out Winter Times sales again...pathetic 10% storewide discount, which I think it's nt really cheap anyway. Haiz...