No.of Epis: 16Year/TV Station: 2008/CTV & GTV
Cast:
Jerry Yan ~ Dong Fang Xiang
Show Lo ~ Yuan Da Ying
Zhou Cai Shi ~ Zhan Jie Er
Coco Jiang ~ Li Ying
Wu Chun ~ Wu Ji Zun
Michael Zhang ~ Can
Synopsis: (edited from Dramawiki)
At Pi Li University, where academic reigns supreme and sports are relegated to a dusty corner of the campus, Li Ying, a NBA coach, vows to revive the basketball team by volunteering to be the head coach. Her first member is Yuan Da Ying, a country boy who is passionate for basketball but has no skill. Their recruitment goes into high gear when Dong Fang Xiang, a legendary basketball player, transfers to their school.
Yuan Da Ying falls for Zhan Jie Er, a scholarship student who reminds him of his childhood friend. Her father works for Dong Fang Xiang, whom she also grew up with, and Dong Fang Xiang likes her.
After conquering the uni basketball competitions, the team has to face their ultimate competitor, "Tian Sheng Wu Ji" team, created by Dong Fang Xiang's grandfather.
Slacker's review:
I've expected this drama to be exaggerating in terms of how they play basketball, from street bb to standard bb, the way they presented was "manga style"....unrealistic to me. I am watching this for Jerry, so I just try to bear with the bb scenes. Lolz! This is one idol drama where romance is not a big factor here, there's more focus on bonding b/w the team members, rivalry b/w the characters and of course, bb competitions. I wld say the plot was alright, nothing too spectacular or surprising, but the romance scenes were handled well. Though personally i think the drama didn't have enough scenes for Jerry and Cai Shi to build up their chemistry. Scenes b/w Cai Shi and Show are alright, I think Show handled his emotional scenes well enough. However, Show is more like a joker most of the time, which I didn't quite like it. I think his character is in contrast with the more serious Jerry la, so no choice, you can't expect Jerry to be Joker right? Lolz! Jerry's character Xiang has some shades of "Dao Ming Si", but sometimes he act cute. Ha! Well, I think it's time Jerry stop acting such characters, coz' he's not that young anymore. He shld go for more sophisicated characters la. Sadly, Wu Chun is only a support cast, with his major scenes in the last few epis. Wu Ji Zun is not an interesting character, not much expressions, and not much depth. Well, Wu Chun's performance was alright la, but I think Michael Zhang outshined him. Maybe because Can is a more striking character. However, I don't understand why they allowed Can to play in standard bb, he has hidden weapons, is that fair? As for Coco, she's looking good, though it seemed abit far fetched for her to be a NBA coach. (Not convincing enough ba.) Well, it's quite clear tt Li Ying likes Da Ying, but too bad there's no furter developments b/w them, as we know what wld happen to her. I like how the director handled Li Ying's last scene. The last ep was a little surprise for me, coz' I thought the ending wld tie up all the lose ends. I like how the drama ends, but i think most of us wld wanna know who win in the end, and if Xiang ends up with Jie Er.
Themesong is "Hot Shot" by Show, and ending theme "Yi Ban" by Jerry.
Overall, it's still a watchable drama, just that they shldn't have extended it, coz' it seemed to drag in the middle of the drama, thus making me bored.