No.of Epi: 19Year/TV Stn: 2010/ TTV & SETTV
Cast:
Cheryl Yang ~ Zhong Wu Yan
Ming Dao ~ Qi Xuan
Chris Wu ~ Qin Chu Howard
Wang Si Ping ~ Xia Ying Chun
Synopsis: (from Dramawiki)
A re-imagining of the story of Zhong Wu Yan in which she lives in the 21st century. Wu Yen is intelligent and compassionate, but she lacks one thing that her fiancé really cares about: Beauty. And despite her numerous success in saving him from being overthrown from his father's company, he nonetheless prefers the beautiful Xia Ying Chun when dust settles. So it becomes a mystery to her friends and family as to why she still sticks around her good for nothing fiancé.
Slacker's review:
I guessed Zhong Wu Yen broke SETTV's ratings....the other way round. I cld understand why ratings were not very good. Even I find the drama plain & boring. I did not see any sparks between the main leads. Storyline was too predictable. I guessed what's nice were the theme songs by Bii. It's kinda wasted for Ming Dao and Cheryl to act in such a drama.
Anyway, one problem with the plot was...it's nothing new. Wu Yen did all she could for a man who did not appreciate her. Finally after all odds, the two got together, but Ying Chun started to play dirty. On the other hand, we got a 2nd male lead who was a damn nice guy who did everything for the woman who did not love him. Haiz...
Ming Dao finally returned to idol drama, but compare to his dramas a few yrs back, he did not shine in Zhong Wu Yen. (I thought Chris Wu performed better). I guessed I wld prefer Ming Dao to act with a more challenging role. He's better in roles which are neither good or bad. Chemistry with Cheryl was alright, but I don't feel much for them.
Cheryl's character was the main character in the drama, and she did well. However, I think Cheryl is not that suitable for roles which are too sacrificing or kind-hearted. She's way better in "Bai Quan Nv Wang". She needs a role with character.
I bet many ppl wanted Qin Chu to be with Wu Yen. There were sparks b/w the two, but they were nt meant to be. Haiz~ Chris is not a handsone guy, but I liked his confident look. I thought he improved and his role was quite different from his previous roles.
I thought Wang Si Ping is just another model-turned-actress, and I doubt her acting skills. Well, she's alright, but I thought she handled her emotional scenes well. At least Xia Ying Chun is not a one-dimensional character. She's probably the person who been through the most in the drama.
Theme song "Dao bu liao de xing fu", ending theme "zhuan shen zhi hou", and insert song "Mi Lu" were my favourites from half Taiwanese-half Korean singer Bii.