Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Da Slacker Talk #1

--Good Gracious? Or saying gdbye to uncles & aunties?--
I was reading the papers about Sgporeans' trademark habit of not returning trays and plates after meals. Well, we used to do that in schools...and now we're told that we shld do that in foodcourts and fast food restaurants too. Hmm...nothing wrong with that behaviour...but on the other side of the issue, are we snatching jobs away from those cleaners? If one fine day the whole SG doesn't need cleaners anymore, I wonder how many old folks wld be out of job.
Somehow, such a policy always come with a contradiction.
Returning the trays and plates do not mean the tables are going to be clean. How about the spills and leftovers stuffs like bones etc? Who's gg to clean them? Shld we ask the patron not to dirty the table as well? (Well, that's a gd one. lolz!)
Be it our culture or what, sometimes I think there's a need for cleaners..they're there for a purpose, and they're being paid for it. To me, it's a win-win situation...and I definitely won't believe that all sgporeans wld be so "gracious" to return the stuffs.
I shall see how long this movement wld last...in the mean time, i shall start thinking if i shld do the same as well. Lolz!
--TV Drama Review Update--
I have just reviewed "Galileo: Epi Zero" on Galileo's review. Those who're interested can take a look. Go to "Search" and click on "JP FujiTV".