Sunday, October 19, 2008

Da Slacker Talk #4

--How strong is your faith?--
After CJS's incident, I started to wonder how one's religion can help when one is in despair. I've always believe that having a religion can be a strong pillar, if not, the last pillar I can depend on when I meet difficulties in life.
So, am I doubting how strong is my faith?
I'm not a devout Buddhist, though I've been taking Dharma lessons through out the years.
I rely on my faith alot....
when I need to calm myself down,
when I pray for safety,
when I pray for health,
and how to lead my life...
But I haven't "test" how my religion will come in when I am really in deep trouble.
Maybe when we are not in the right state of mind, we couldn't think carefully.
We forget we still have families and friends around.
We forget we still have our faith we believed in.
We only know that we're in agony now.
So, people choose to end it in the most extreme way.
I think it's quite unfair to say our faith is not strong when there are other internal or external reasons hindering our decision or behaviour.
So how strong is our faith? We will only know when that day comes.