--Fairy Tales--
While waiting for "Golden Bride" to air yday night, I switched over to KBS World and caught a glimpse of "Match maker's lover". Saw this part when the male lead Hyun Soo asked the female lead Kang Hyun on why she wanted to become a match maker. Then the drama brought us back to the time when KH was a little kid...
Young Kang-hyun: “Snow White should be with this hunter instead.”
Mom: “Why would the princess marry the hunter instead of the prince?”
Young Kang-hyun: “The hunter is a courageous person. The Queen told him to kill Snow White, but he didn’t. If he was caught, he would have died. Instead of taking the princess’s heart [as proof], he took a pig’s heart.”
Mom: “But, Kang-hyun, marriage should be with princes.”
Young Kang-hyun: “No! The prince just kissed her. That’s not love. The one who really loves her is the hunter.”
Kang-hyun later admits that even now she dislikes all fairy-tale princes. The prince in the Little Mermaid, for instance, “couldn’t even recognize the face of the woman who saved him. Rapunzel’s prince is worse — he climbs her hair up the tower. How much would that have hurt?” And the Swan Prince had too many brothers (”Such a headache!”). But the worst was Cinderella’s prince: “He meets her at a party and can’t recognize her. She may be wearing different clothes, but still. Is that love? Then he falls for her because the shoe fits, and marries her.”
(credits to Dramabeans)
Hyun Soo has his own interpretations for fairy tales, he sees them as metaphors. So when he's a kid, he has a different view on Cinderella...
Young Hyun-soo: “I think Cinderella purposely left her shoe behind for the prince.”
Mom: “What do you mean?”
Young Hyun-soo: “Look, the shoe fits Cinderella’s foot perfectly… So why would it come off at the ball?”
(credits to Dramabeans)
Somehow, I thought this bit of conversation was kinda inspiring. When I was young, I nv question why princess must end up with a prince. I just read the tales and concluded they live happily ever after. Haha! Ah Ching must be a super plain child who don't question why, or have her own perspectives. So now, come to think of it, Snow White shld really marry the hunter leh. Haha!
I think I shld start looking at things in more dimensions....and not just read the face value of it.
--Drama Review Update--
I have reviewed "Hana Kimi Special" on Hana Kimi's review. Go to "Tags" and click on "Jp FujiTV".