No.of Epis: 14Year/TV Station: 2008/CTS
Cast:
Rainie Yang ~ Jiang Xiao Hua
Will Pan ~ Tang Men
Dean Fujioka ~ Jia Si Le
Michelle Chen ~ Jiang Mi
Synopsis:
Jiang Xiao Hua is a jewelry store owner with no sense of style. When prince charming Jia Si Le comes back from Japan with intentions of dating her, she blackmails Tang Men, a poison-tongue style guru, into helping her become a lady worthy of Si Le. Jiang Mi, who's Si Le's fiancee, wants Tang Men to get close to Xiao Hua, so that Xiao Hua will fall for him instead of Si Le. As time passes by, Tang Men find himself liking Xiao Hua, while Xiao Hua realises that she didn't like Si Le. Jiang Mi, on the other hand, is upset that both guys like Xiao Hua, and nobody appreciates her love.
Slacker's review:
When i first knew tt Rainie's gg to have a new drama with Will Pan, I thought it's just gg to be another typical Rainie drama. I saw her new image and I didn't get interested. I also doubt Will's acting. Butta, after reading the synopsis again, I decided to give it a try. Xiao Hua is a super duper exaggerating and unreal character. I can't stand those wig, neither can i stand her "taiwanese mandarin", and her act cute expressions. She's the typical character I hate to see, but then, it's just TOO funny to see her interacting with other people, especially with Tang Men. Lolz..I can't help laughing throughout, and that lasted for the first few epis. Well, I didn't expect myself to get so entertained, so that's quite a miracle. (Of coz, the "behind the scenes" also entertained me quite alot...lolz!)
Actually MNG's plot is too typical, we got a rich boy who falls for his childhood sweetheart, and was torn b/w her and his best friend. We got another "evil" girl who plotted so many things...butta, she got her guy in the end! (I thot WTH?! They just wanna Si Le to end up with someone what? How can he fell for Jiang Mi so suddenly?? Finally touched by her actions ah....faints!) And then, the rich boy and his sweetheart turned out to be siblings by law. Aiyo...when can they stop giving us this kind of twist?
Rainie's acting was good, not everybody can act such an exaggerating and "ugly" character. I used "ugly" becoz Xiao Hua is not a rich princess and she's not pretty & refined. Rainie might seemed abit fake during her emotional scenes though. I like how Xiao Hua named all her stuffs, from her motorbike to Tang Men's hair dryer. Haha! Also, I was laughing like crazy when I saw how Xiao Hua faked Korean with her customer. Omg..I don't think anyone cld understand that. (Maybe Koreans who saw it will be fuming ah..lolz!)
Actually the person who surprised me the most is Will. Hey! He can act leh! Maybe not as good as other actors la, but he brought out Tang Men's characteristics. He had the most NGs among the cast, but I can understand how difficult it was for him to memorise those dialogues. Haha! Actually I thought Will and Rainie had excellent chemistry leh! Lolz..
Alot of ppl like Dean more than Will, but I am the exact opposite. I didn't find Dean handsome, neither do I think he can act. He looked too stiff most of the time, and his accented mandarin didnt sound too smooth for me. Ha! Hmm...I didn't watched his previous dramas, butta I think he still needs to do quite abit of work to impress me in the future. Lolz!
Michelle was Rainie's gd pal in "Why why love", but she turned bad in MNG. Hmm...actually she's not bad in portraying her character, Jiang Mi was not those super bad gal. Though she ended up with Si Le, I really think they were 硬凑在一起. She didn't have much chance to build up her chemistry with both Dean and Will too. I rather Si Le ended up alone lo.
The other cast was not bad, got subplot b/w Si Le's mum and Xiao Hua's dad. Haha! Xiao Hua's two good pals were alright though, coz' they were too noisy most of the time. Lolz!
Themesong "Xia Ri Feng" is by Will and ending song "Dai Wo Zou" is by Rainie. Both are quite nice..especially Rainie's ending theme. Hehe!
Currently, Channel U is also airing this drama, so if u have the time, do catch it. Lolz! And finally, I have no regrets watching this drama, though the last two epis seemed quite rush. It wld be better if there's more Tang Men & Xiao Hua moments.